Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Post your pictures of Antique Quilts here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/post-your-pictures-antique-quilts-here-t35379.html)

craftybear 01-28-2010 06:50 PM

Hi,

I think it would be cool to see antique quilts, so please post your pictures here so we can all enjoy.

I will get a photo of the one that my Grandma made as I finally got to see it in December. My parents has it and never had shown it to me. Also my grandma lived 3 hours after I was born to know that she had a new granddaughter. So sad!

Karen

Dora Taggart 01-28-2010 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This quilt belonged to ,my mother and was made by here mother n law. Not sure how old the quilt is..my mother died in 1998 at age 80. I entered it in a quilt show for antique quilts and won 2nd place.

charmpacksplus 01-28-2010 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a quilt my grandmother made. My mother has had it as long as I can remember. It's one of the few that I've seen of Grandma's that was not scrappy so she must have made it for a special occasion. Mom's memory is shot but it was probably a wedding gift for Mom and Dad's wedding in 1946.

pre-1950s
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64653[/ATTACH]

Jim's Gem 01-28-2010 07:54 PM

Beautiful quilts. Alas, I know of no one in my family that ever quilted before I did. I do not own any quilt treasures, nor have I had the fortune/money to buy one either. I will just have to enjoy looking at what you all have to share!!

oldswimmer 01-28-2010 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
This is a quilt my grandmother made. My mother has had it as long as I can remember. It's one of the few that I've seen of Grandma's that was not scrappy so she must have made it for a special occasion. Mom's memory is shot but it was probably a wedding gift for Mom and Dad's wedding in 1946.

Wow, I love the colors! Are the yellow daisies appiqued on top?

sewsue 01-28-2010 08:32 PM

Those are so precious, I dont know of anyone in my family that did quilting. It is so sad though. Quilts are so part of history.

quiltinggrandmaca 01-28-2010 08:38 PM

No one in my family ever quilted before me either, so will just have to live through all of you. I am changing that for my children and grandchildren.

Jim's Gem 01-28-2010 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmaca
No one in my family ever quilted before me either, so will just have to live through all of you. I am changing that for my children and grandchildren.

Me too. My children and grand children(when they arrive) will have lots of my quilts to show later on!!

charvan 01-29-2010 06:48 AM

Those antique quilts are just gorgeous! What a treasure you have; enjoy them.

LovingIzabella 01-29-2010 07:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I just received this one as a gift from one of my board members. It is an 1880's baby quilt all hand pieced and quilted.
Hugs
April