Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Presenting Little Ms. Featherweight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/presenting-little-ms-featherweight-t58507.html)

kathome 08-08-2010 06:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Any of you who read my thread about finding the FW in the attic knows the story.

The digest form is that it was given to my DH by his mother many years ago (long, long before I knew him) and has moved to many homes and hiding in the attic.

It was evidently used quite a bit by my DML because there are signs of wear on the throat plate, etc. The case is in pretty bad shape, but the little baby hiding in there for all these years (talking like 30 years) is all cleaned up, oiled and working like a dream.

When we opened the case and I saw what was in there I swear Ms Featherweight smiled as much as me.

Sooooooooooooo............. here she is!

nursie76 08-08-2010 06:43 PM

Oooo! So nice. I am so glad that she is purring nicely for you.

I have to tell you that the crocheted pineapple table cloth sure brings back memories. My grandmother crocheted constantly in her later years and produced many beautiful doilies and tablecloths. The pineapple pattern was her favorite.

Pam S 08-08-2010 06:43 PM

Congratulations. What a beauty and what a neat story (on your other thread). We would all love to be so lucky!

moonrise 08-08-2010 06:45 PM

Oh wow! I've seen oodles of pictures of Featherweights, but I didn't realize how small they are until I saw your spool of thread on top, which gave me a size comparison. How adorable!!! What a fun find! :)

Now I want one! :mrgreen:

kathome 08-08-2010 06:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by nursie76
Oooo! So nice. I am so glad that she is purring nicely for you.

I have to tell you that the crocheted pineapple table cloth sure brings back memories. My grandmother crocheted constantly in her later years and produced many beautiful doilies and tablecloths. The pineapple pattern was her favorite.

Thanks for the comment about the tablecloth. I've been a "threadie" (meaning a thread crocheter) for 40+ years. Just made a very intricate one for my DS and DDIL. (took over 2 years) At this point there's nothing left to crochet and so........ QUILTING now.

DS & DDIL Tablecloth
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94175[/ATTACH]

Close-up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94176[/ATTACH]

colleen53 08-08-2010 07:03 PM

i just got mine last week and i smile everytime i walk thru the room.. it is still on my dining room table.. i am unable to move her !!!

kathome 08-08-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by colleen53
i just got mine last week and i smile everytime i walk thru the room.. it is still on my dining room table.. i am unable to move her !!!

Yup - gotcha. DH asked me "why is it still on the dining room table? When are you ever going to use it and what for?"

(sigh) some men just plain don't understand.

sharon b 08-08-2010 07:12 PM

She sure is pretty and how neat that you know the story behind her :thumbup: I bet your DML will be surprised it is being used again :lol: And is a treasure

nursie76 08-08-2010 07:14 PM

Kathome - That is gorgeous!!!! You do beautiful work! I can crochet, but never did have the patience it took to make items with knit crosheen and the other threads. I stuck to yarn and have made many afghans.

CarrieAnne 08-08-2010 07:15 PM

Its adorable!!!!!