Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pretty In Pink - (3D pinwheel baby quilt) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pretty-pink-3d-pinwheel-baby-quilt-t113666.html)

passionforsewing 04-06-2011 05:13 AM

This is just BEAUTIFUL
:-D

Toto's Mom 04-06-2011 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Oh my gosh, that's stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
Your work is incredible! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

What a wonderful gift! I'm sure Grandpa was pleased, too.

pyoung 04-06-2011 05:15 AM

Oh my gosh! One of the most beautiful baby quilts I have ever seen. The quilting is amazing.

Kayaker26 04-06-2011 05:15 AM

Stunning....that is an incredible quilt. That could be the inspiration for people to start quilting in the first place. I know I will never be able to do anything that beautiful, but I wanted to tell you that is probably the most exquisite thing I have seen! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! INSPIRATIONAL!

Bonbonary 04-06-2011 05:29 AM

Beautiful quilting. You give me hope now that I am beginning to try FMQ on my Janome 6600. So far I've only learned how hard it is to make even stitches and even harder to keep a pattern going. Do you have any good secrets to share?

Victoria L 04-06-2011 05:31 AM

Beautiful....great job :)

Katrine 04-06-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kayaker26
Stunning....that is an incredible quilt. That could be the inspiration for people to start quilting in the first place. I know I will never be able to do anything that beautiful, but I wanted to tell you that is probably the most exquisite thing I have seen! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! INSPIRATIONAL!

Thank you! But you know I havent been quilting all that long and only first tried simple fmq just under 2 years ago - practised alot and still do - I was fairly determined to be able to do it - and want to be able to do lots more :lol:
And it was seeing a friend making a quilt which inspired me to first start all this just over 6 years ago, so I hope in turn I can sprinkle a bit of inspiration around - we all know how much pleasure is gained from learning, then achieving a goal.

Riversong 04-06-2011 05:42 AM

Beautiful!!

Katrine 04-06-2011 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bonbonary
Beautiful quilting. You give me hope now that I am beginning to try FMQ on my Janome 6600. So far I've only learned how hard it is to make even stitches and even harder to keep a pattern going. Do you have any good secrets to share?

Make lots of practice sandwiches. Divide the space into, say, 9 squares and work within each square. At first that is easier to cope with than a whole big area.
Do lots of drawing any fmq motif, starting with meandering, stippling etc. with pencil and paper - if you can draw it, you can quilt it!
Get a Sewslip mat, invaluable, and has helped me lots with control. I use Machingers gloves - they are excellent.
Get a couple of modest beginners books - Maurine Noble's "Machine Quilting Made Easy" is ideal - and has loads of thread and needle info too.
Later on something like "Hooked on Feathers" by Sally Terry, or "Machine Quilting" Solutions by Christine Maraccini.
I bought my 6600 specifically to do my own fmq and am so pleased with the machine. I have my speed control halfway, I prefer to go slower as I get "lost" if I have it too high!
It wont come instantly but before you realise, you will see big improvements in what you do - just keep practising! Oh, and r-e-l-a-x :thumbup:

QuiltE 04-06-2011 05:46 AM

What a special keepsake quilt for this wee babe!
And too, what a sweet Grandpa to do this for her.

Great job ... the 3D Pinwheels add such a special touch to your work.