Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Previously posted in the wrong place....whoops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/previously-posted-wrong-place-whoops-t53583.html)

Annz 07-10-2010 09:42 PM

Great Job.

Lori L 07-10-2010 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingrandmafromMi
Beautiful table quilt, you did a remarkable quilting job!
If I were your mom, I'd treasure it forever!

Quilting Grandma.......your grandson must have been thrilled....what a wonderful memory quilt! I keep thinking I'm going to make something like that, I'll have to add it to my "to do list" LOL.

josi49 07-10-2010 10:16 PM

And tell me, what kind of 'quilting' or crafts does your critic do? Obviously, she doesn't know much about quilting. The table runner is beautiful and I'm sure she's just jealous. Hope she gets to see it often in your Mother's home!

Suzanne57 07-10-2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kas
You did an AWESOME job quilting it! Tied would not look good on this runner. At least, I don't think so. Beautiful!

Ditto

Jeri6 07-10-2010 10:20 PM

Its Beautiful! I want one! You did a beautiful job. I'm sure your mom will love it!

Loretta - I love your Buckle-Up note! How cute!

dublb 07-10-2010 10:47 PM

I know that I sound like a copy-cat but your table runner is beautiful! So sorry about SIL. Some people just don't understand it's the process. You hand quilted this because you liked it that way. It's your choice!

joellenc 07-11-2010 12:55 AM

Beautiful-I love the color!

chamby 07-11-2010 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lori L
When I see my SIL again tomorrow it will be when I'm giving my Mom her birthday gift! I will keep all the encouraging words I have received from everyone in mind and will probably be grinning from ear to ear everytime I look at my SIL (or she opens her mouth :) which is a lot! ) Seriously....everyone here is the greatest and I can't tell you how much my self esteem and belief in my quilting skills has grown by everyone's words of encouragement! Thank you everyone!!!

I pray that your mother loves your gift and I'm sure she will. Just remember there are always those who must be seen and heard all the time. Also remember we quilt and create because we love it. Just tell your SIL " Well that sounds like a good idea, why don't you make one for yourself." You have your style and she has her's. That is the beauty of creating.

Miss Purple Shoes 07-11-2010 12:19 PM

It is beautiful. I am sure she will love it. I love the colours.

rhueluna 07-11-2010 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lori L
I posted the following pictures under the main section in a discussion about my sister in law hurting my feelings. I had showed her my hand quilting project I was doing for my Mom and she suggested "it'd been easier if you'd "tied it off" and proceeded to give a long lecture/instructional on how to perform this technique. Anyhow...here are some pictures of my project. All I have left to do is complete the binding and I'll have the tablerunner ready for Mom's birthday next week!

Thats beautiful. Congratulations on actually hand quilting it. Hardly see any handwork anymore. I love it.