Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Private showing visited again this month... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/private-showing-visited-again-month-t264180.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-18-2015 02:24 PM

Private showing visited again this month...

10 Attachment(s)
More beautiful quilt tops to enjoy from this retired couple and good news to share. Their Children and Grandchildren have shown up to help them and gotten both a lift chair they really needed. Took the Dinning Room table down and set up the LA for them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]517316[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517317[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517318[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517320[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517321[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517324[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517325[/ATTACH]And more to follow....about the time I thought I was done taking pictures they brought out more lovely tops...

QuiltingNinaSue 04-18-2015 02:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Yes more that she has done...[ATTACH=CONFIG]517326[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517327[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517328[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517329[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517327[/ATTACH] Unfortunately, the gentleman husband has lost his sight to LA the tops. What happens from here is anyone's guess, because like the rest of us, they are getting older. He served in WWII and Korean action. She has spent the last week in the hospital, but is back home now. Love her quilting talents to make beautiful quilts. May she continue her wonderful quilt top making. Enjoy.

ManiacQuilter2 04-18-2015 02:40 PM

The wedding ring is absolutely gorgeous. It is great that they have help especially with the quilt tops. Thanks for posting!!

lynnie 04-18-2015 02:51 PM

unbelievable, stunning work. LOVE that double wedding ring

Barb in Louisiana 04-18-2015 03:44 PM

Those are very nice. Thanks for sharing.

debcavan 04-18-2015 04:48 PM

That was so fun to view, I had to scroll up and down several times.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-18-2015 05:04 PM

To recap the former posting last November, December, the children had put the dining room table up and had taken down the LA for several years, then never showed up to eat with them. All of you agreed that the LA needed to be returned and dinning room table taken down. Well, the daughter read the story here, and went into action to help the parents out, and replaced the dinning room LA and took the table down. So your comments do matter and get things moving in a good way. The one pattern "God's Eye" I had not seen before....she repeated it in several colors. First story was entitled "Private Showing", and for their own privacy matters I did not give their names or location out to the public on line.

I did print out all tlhe comments and pictures and presented them with an album with all the printed QB story and they had tears in their eyes reading the comments and hugging the album. I hope I can print this one out again for them. Your encourging comments is what she needs right now. Thank you for your time in making a comment.

janRN 04-18-2015 05:08 PM

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful quilts with us, QNS. What a blessing they are still able to enjoy quilting and each other. I love the bright colors they use.

nanacc 04-18-2015 05:16 PM

Thank you so much for this story! They have a beautiful collection of great quilts! I hope there is someone close to them that can come in and help. Their fantastic efforts deserve to be finished and enjoyed!

quiltmouse 04-18-2015 05:18 PM

The long arm is much more important than the dining room table at this point. I'm glad the daughter "heard" the message.

I hope the couple has/finds some one to quilt for them.

The piece work is lovely.