Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Progression on my cathedral window (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/progression-my-cathedral-window-t88747.html)

Quiltforme 01-08-2011 04:41 PM

Oh wow! I had to look at where you were located a lady in my guild was working on the same size CW as you I like your better! Very nicely done!

pab58 01-08-2011 06:03 PM

oooooooo.......love it!!!! :thumbup:

neece 01-08-2011 06:06 PM

Nice job :!: Are you ok with the time it is taking you? I've thought about making one but the time factor is a concern. Is it worth it :?: :shock: :shock:

Pat P 01-08-2011 06:10 PM

Cathedral windows take time to do but when you are done--you are done! Thanks for sharing.

dsb38327 01-08-2011 06:23 PM

Your work is wonderful. Very pretty.
Someone asked if the investment of the time it takes to make one is worth it. I believe it is worth it. I am doing a little while on my Cathedral Windows and put the large part of my time on the other quilts that go faster. Then I still have the pleasure of making the Cathedral Windows but do not grow to hate it because it might keep me from working on other quilts.
I have not seen a Cathedral Windows that I did not like.
They are all so beautiful.

stichinluvr 01-08-2011 06:36 PM

Looking Great!

Roseysue 01-08-2011 06:42 PM

That is outstanding! a real piece of art. And the colors...gorgeous!

Mariah 01-08-2011 06:59 PM

It is beautiful; love it!
When you mentioned it when we talked, and you offered me the pattern and I turned it down, it wasn't that I don't like the block. I have a "Stack and Whack" I want to do also this Winter. Of course my Christmas Quilt is just sitting, for now!
Mariah

ssnare 01-08-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by neece
Nice job :!: Are you ok with the time it is taking you? I've thought about making one but the time factor is a concern. Is it worth it :?: :shock: :shock:

Here is what I think. It is relaxing. I do it when I am sitting at the doctors office, or when watching TV during the evening. I do my sewing or quilting in the day time when I am not busy. Which isn't very often. :lol: I start with 12 squares. I figure that I will complete that part, it will be all quilted. Everyone asks if I am making a quilt. I say, "When I am tired of doing it, I will be done." It is a good take along project. When I had 4 sections done, I sewed them together on the sewing machine. I will start working on a new section now. I can hang it on the wall anytime I want. It may be a wall hanging, it may be a lap quilt or, who knows, it may be a king size quilt. It is very heavy even with 4 sections. This way, I am not putting pressure on myself. If you are in a hurry, there is a tute on this board to do it all by machine.
I had a lady who saw it, ask me why I would ever do something like this by hand. She said she could do one by machine very quickly. She then said,"Yours will be more valuable than mine and I would put yours under glass." :wink:

It is much prettier by hand. I have done cross stitch that has taken me 2 years to complete. But, you do not do it continuously. You pick it up and do it when you want to. I started making it because I thought it was pretty and I did not know how to quilt. Actually, it is very easy. So I think it is worth it.

ssnare 01-08-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Your work is wonderful. Very pretty.
Someone asked if the investment of the time it takes to make one is worth it. I believe it is worth it. I am doing a little while on my Cathedral Windows and put the large part of my time on the other quilts that go faster. Then I still have the pleasure of making the Cathedral Windows but do not grow to hate it because it might keep me from working on other quilts.
I have not seen a Cathedral Windows that I did not like.
They are all so beautiful.

I agree.