Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   PUPPY DREAMS, equal time for dog lovers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/puppy-dreams-equal-time-dog-lovers-t26014.html)

bearpaw 09-25-2009 05:36 AM

Way too adorable!!!!!! :D

Shemjo 09-25-2009 05:40 AM

That is a wonderful quilt! You sure did nail it, doesn't matter what tools you used, it is terrific! :lol:

jdavis 09-25-2009 05:54 AM

Thank you all, again!

feline fanatic 09-25-2009 06:02 AM

This is so cute! I sure hope you post a picture of the completed quilt. BTW how did you do the sneakers? I am always fascinated by the technical aspects. Did you use fabric markers or paint to get those sneaker details or is it embroidery?

Boston1954 09-25-2009 06:17 AM

Oh my goodness!! You are amazing. You could make your living at this. Wonderful job!!!!!!

jdavis 09-25-2009 06:27 AM

I will have to ask the LQS about getting a picture of the completed quilt. There are two shops involved, but I think the quilting is being done by the one nearest to me. She may allow me to photograph it before they raffle it.
Oh yeah, the sneakers. I know from experience just what a pain in the *** it is to embroider or paint shoe laces, etc. And these sneakers are at a weird angle to the viewer. I did embroider the black rectangles on the back (supposed to be Adidas logo), but I used a black pigma pen for the remaining details. My main concern is that they still look like sneakers. If you hadn't seen the original photo, would you know?

dunster 09-25-2009 06:30 AM

That is so creative! That's only a block? It could be a whole quilt. Are you making more blocks, or is it a group effort?

Pam S 09-25-2009 06:42 AM

That is just too cute! The picture is adorable and you nailed it with the block. Great work.

jdavis 09-25-2009 06:45 AM

It is a contest being run by two local quilt shops.
The contest is called "You're an Animal".
The theme is "Pet Portraits".
I only heard about the contest around mid-September.
I went to the nearest shop to ask for details because the name of the contest sounded fun. I was thinking "wild animals".
The blocks will be made into a quilt; The quilt will be reffled to benefit the Humane Society.
The shop owner told me I should enter because I'd stand a good chance of winning a prize....she hadn't received any entries yet, and was going to have to make some herself (but she can't take any prizes). The contest has been running since July 1st, and I was only just hearing about it!
Relying only on my stash, I was able to come up with a block for my cat (see "You're an Animal" under the Pictures/Photos category).
Thinking I still had time for another block, I started thinking about my sister's dog. The dream idea came to me while I was washing the supper dishes. Thank goodness I had the blue doggy print in my stash, AND it had a golden dog in it! Also, I had an accident with my Wunder Under, but I still had enough of the gold fabric to do the puppy. I thought the black paw print fabric was appropriate because, even though the puppy is sleeping in broad daylight, we think of night time as being sleep/dream time. Yessiree, it pays to keep a stash of fabric! My husband would have flipped if I had wanted to make a special trip to find little bits of fabric for these blocks!

Joan 09-25-2009 06:45 AM

Oh, what a wonderful block......I just love dogs and you
have captured "dog dreaming" to a "T"

(you could sell this pattern, it's that GOOD!--just my
opinion but I think others will agree....)

Yes, we want to see the whole quilt----pretty please.... :shock: