Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   QOV quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/qov-quilts-t313821.html)

toogie 01-11-2021 02:50 PM

QOV quilts

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Quilters, after Christmas I wanted to start 5 QOV tops that I had some precut and some just yardage, so new years eve I started this Pinwheel. Well, it is the first one I completed. Then I moved on to #2 The Window Box and ran out of navy blue on my last 2 blocks. (see photo) Also, the fabric for the outer border was missing. SO...I moved onto #3, the Military Army Quilt. I made most of my Star blocks, assembly line and ran out of 12 off white corners! There is a post in Main forum about why you have UFO's. This is why I have 2 now. It's so disappointing, because I like to complete what I start or I lose interest, or some might say, I loose heart. This week I should be receiving the missing pieces or fabrics. Until then, I have started #4 a simple Bow Tie that I hope has all it's fabrics!!!

IceLeopard 01-11-2021 03:41 PM

That's why so many of us do scrappy. If you have 6 blues instead of one, and you run out of one, just grab some other blue. Who's to know if you don't tell them?

Cheshirepat 01-11-2021 03:56 PM

Toogie, what you have so far looks lovely! I hope all your shipments arrive as expected, it can be maddening. I'm 'between completions' as well due to my own mis-calculation for backing yardage. Ugh.

IceLeopard, I love your quote...and can relate too well most days! :D

Jingle 01-11-2021 05:22 PM

Toogie, those quilts will be gorgeous when you get the finished. Don't lose heart.

EmiliasNana 01-11-2021 11:44 PM

Yes, frustrating to have to quit in the middle, but you are on a roll and your shipment will come soon. All look great and will be so appreciated by the recipients. Forge onward!

Queen 01-12-2021 02:29 AM

\That has happen to me on several occasions. I don't empty my trash basket in case I have to look for scraps to piece together if I come up short

Mary

Rhonda K 01-12-2021 04:39 AM

So sorry for your troubles and the situation with the fabrics.Just think how close you are to the finish line. You will beautiful quilts in no time. Good luck!

luvstoquilt 01-12-2021 06:36 AM

Those will be wonderful when you finish. Don’t lose heart! They will be dearly loved and they are gorgeous!

juliasb 01-12-2021 06:57 AM

You are off to a good start. I am glad you are able to get replacement fabrics for the last 2 quilt. All 3 of them are looking great. #1 is perfect and the other 2 will be great once they are finished.

Jordan 01-12-2021 07:19 AM

It is quite frustrating when you are on a roll and you come up short of a certain fabric. Love your RWB quilt and your two new starts are going to be beautiful too. Good luck on finishing your quilts when you receive your fabrics. I especially like the star block. Where is instructions for that block? It looks fun