Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   question about pricing. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/question-about-pricing-t137782.html)

sahm4605 07-15-2011 07:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
okay, here is my wondering. I have three quilts for sale and just wondering if i have them priced too high? will try and load the pics but one is 40x40 and the other is about 44.5x44.5 both are baby quilts and I have them going for 75.00 do you guys think that is too much? I have a third that is 27x27 and it is for 35.00, do you guys think this is too much to ask?

there is a dark navy blue binding on this quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]226747[/ATTACH]

Charming 07-15-2011 07:15 AM

Not at all. I just sold a baby quilt with a diaper bag matching with it for $125 and the truth is we can never get enough for our efforts, but i get very excited when somebody buys one from me because i know they appreciate my hard work.

Hope that helps

PaperPrincess 07-15-2011 07:19 AM

How much $ do you have in the materials? Fabric,Batting and thread? how long did it take you to make them? Cutting, piecing, layering, quilting, squaring, binding? If you subract the costs of the materials from what you are charging, are you happy with your hourly rate?
If you do a search on this board, there are lots of topics which include suggested calculations.

Having said all that, the prices you quoted seem in line to me.

Jammin' Jane 07-15-2011 07:21 AM

If people like it, they will buy it!
Good luck!

sahm4605 07-15-2011 07:26 AM

honestly I don't know how much money I have tied up in them and the same with the time. but I would say it is at least 40-50 for each quilt and maybe 20 or so for the little one. and that is just the fabric and such. Time I have no idea. I work for maybe 15 min to three hours at a time. and I work on two or three things at a time.
I wouldn't be selling them, but giving them away, if it wasn't for the fact that I broke a window and my washer had to be fixed in the last three weeks. so in all I am almost out 1000 for these two thing and my washer is acting up again and might need more repairs.

Kathios 07-15-2011 07:27 AM

They are lovely. It is hard to sell that size. When I rented a booth in a craft shop many years ago, shoppers were quick to tell me that they could buy quilts at Walmart for much cheaper. Actually, that is why I started a Project Linus chapter....it felt better to give them away to someone who would appreciate them. Have you searched on Etsy and Ebay to see the going rates? In your sales description, are you providing enough details such as your fabric, batting, binding, etc? Closeups of your detail work?

sahm4605 07-15-2011 07:28 AM

I think that I have. at least i hope that I have.

Helovesme 07-15-2011 07:57 AM

That's how much I would charge for those sizes you listed.

There is a website that sells the cutest rag quilts - for $135 - $158 dollars a piece! Don't know how many they sell, but geez!

QuiltnNan 07-15-2011 08:00 AM

i think those prices are reasonable, and i'm a person who wouldn't even look at an overpriced item

Jingle 07-15-2011 08:06 AM

The Wal Mart quilts may be cheaper, but the quality is not equal. I would be sure to tell them that also.

Beautiful quilts.