Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   question for the longarmers with a pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/question-longarmers-pictures-t99043.html)

luvstitches 02-12-2011 08:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a question about my quilting I just finished yesterday. I do not like the very large meander I placed in the two outer border areas. I am happy with the small meander I used around all the applique. Can I remove the large meander only and quilt something else?

This pattern is called Poinsettia Wreaths from the McCalls December, '05 issue.

Thanks so much!
Nancy

Candace 02-12-2011 09:01 AM

You can always remove stitches. But just how many hours are you willing to put into stitch removal? I think it's beautiful as is. If you want more stitching maybe echo the large meander making a double ribbon type effect?

Enchanted Quilter 02-12-2011 09:10 AM

You are talking alot of work I agree w/Candace do a double row.It looks great your lines are good. Why change a beautiful quilt unless you really don't like it???

charismah 02-12-2011 09:29 AM

Yes you can take the stitches out and re-pin and re-quilt the quilt..but I think I agree with Candace just make it a ribbon.

greensleeves 02-12-2011 09:39 AM

Agree with all of the above. Your quilt is beautiful as is and taking out stitches is not fun

sewwhat85 02-12-2011 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
You can always remove stitches. But just how many hours are you willing to put into stitch removal? I think it's beautiful as is. If you want more stitching maybe echo the large meander making a double ribbon type effect?

that is a great idea i would have never thought of that

CoyoteQuilts 02-12-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85

Originally Posted by Candace

that is a great idea i would have never thought of that

Another agree!

luvstitches 02-12-2011 10:10 AM

Thank you all! I do like the ribbon idea and I didn't think of it. So glad I made this post.
The reason I wanted to remove just the outer large meander is because it's only a 50 inch square quilt. It looks much bigger in the pictures.
I am liking the idea of the ribbon. It wouldn't take long either but I won't use the quilt until December. lol
This is why I love the QB. All of you are wonderful!
Nancy

Debbie B 02-12-2011 10:14 AM

Oh my goodness, what don't you like about the large meandering pattern? I think it's beautiful. Of course, I'm not a longarmer, but I do have eyes and what a pretty quilt with pretty quilting.

luvstitches 02-12-2011 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie B
Oh my goodness, what don't you like about the large meandering pattern? I think it's beautiful. Of course, I'm not a longarmer, but I do have eyes and what a pretty quilt with pretty quilting.

Thank you for the compliment! I just think there is too much of size difference in the two meanders. Thinking of trying the ribbon w/out pulling out what's already there.