Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quickie Baby Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quickie-baby-quilt-t303172.html)

Jingle 02-22-2019 03:46 PM

It is so adorable. Monkeys are the most adorable ever. Great colors and quilting.

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 02-22-2019 04:24 PM

Where did you find such adorable fabric or who is it made by? Border and sashing fabric is just perfect. You did an excellent job on the quilting design emphasizing the fabric design. You really stepped up to the plate for your daughter. Mom and baby will love it.

Jules51 02-22-2019 04:42 PM

Cute fabric from the stash, which made an adorable shower gift!

quiltingshorttimer 02-22-2019 06:10 PM

Nice quilt, Mom! That daughter owes you a favor--I always ask for a cleaning or painting chore--LOL! Also, I'm very intrigued by your quilting design on the dots--wish I could see it drawn out--does it go from one side to the other and then you went back in the other direction?

quiltsRfun 02-22-2019 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by BSKTLOFR-QUILTER (Post 8214676)
Where did you find such adorable fabric or who is it made by? Border and sashing fabric is just perfect. You did an excellent job on the quilting design emphasizing the fabric design. You really stepped up to the plate for your daughter. Mom and baby will love it.

I think the fabric is from JoAnn’s. A couple of years ago my niece and I made a quilt for her niece. She provided the fabric and what was left she gave to me. I was looking at it just a few days ago and wondering what to do with it. So when my daughter asked for a boy quilt I thought this was the perfect opportunity to move some fabric out of my stash.

This is one I’ll keep in mind. It can be done with one yard of the main fabric, 1/2 yard for the contrasting strips and about 3/4 yard for the thin strips and binding. (Although I had to use two different fabrics for the binding because I didn’t have enough of either one.) It’s about 42 inches square so a nice baby size.

quiltsRfun 02-22-2019 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer (Post 8214748)
Nice quilt, Mom! That daughter owes you a favor--I always ask for a cleaning or painting chore--LOL! Also, I'm very intrigued by your quilting design on the dots--wish I could see it drawn out--does it go from one side to the other and then you went back in the other direction?

That’s pretty much it. Starting at the top I circled the dot and made a loop to travel to the dot diagonally below. Then circled with a loop and traveled up diagonally to the next dot. At the end of the row I quilted back over the skipped dots the same way making the X design. I had no idea how to quilt those sections and just kind of made it up. It turned out better than expected, although I got better at tracing the dots as I went along.

zozee 02-22-2019 09:12 PM

Very cute and you saved the day!

Cheshirecatquilter 02-22-2019 10:44 PM

Love your quilting "swirlies" using the dots, and the little one will love the tags.

jmoore 02-23-2019 03:43 AM

Quick on your feet and wonderful stash raid. Love the fun fabric and cozy look of the flannel. Great job!

cat-on-a-mac 02-23-2019 04:51 AM

Very cute! I also was intrigued by the quilt pattern in the dots -- great design!