Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt in "Civil War" fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-%22civil-war%22-fabrics-t105674.html)

Yooper32 03-08-2011 05:52 AM

Stunning!

Bobbielinks 03-08-2011 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
Bobbilinks:

Is this quilted on a Longarm Machine? I am in the market to purchase one, and am very impressed with your quilting job. What machine did you use? How did you do such beautiful quilting on the Longarm? (assuming that is what you used!!)
k

Yes, this quilt is quilted on a longarm machine. I purchased a new Gammill about 11 years ago. Just a simple one, no stitch regulator, no computer. A few weeks ago I quilted my 1,000th quilt on it!!!!! So I guess a person can say that the beautiful quilting takes a lot of practice. (grin)

I hope you get one and enjoy the process!!! Relax and have fun and you'll be amazed at what you can do.

janiesews 03-08-2011 06:00 AM

Love the colors, it made a beautiful quilt and the quilting is beautiful too.

Bobbielinks 03-08-2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by kso
Would love to have this pattern. Where is it available?

I believe my customer told me that she used a pattern from a magazine dated in the 1970's, but she did not remember which magazine it was. I do think a person could make this quilt without a pattern as it only has the two blocks: the scrappy block is 8 inches square (finished), 2 1/2 inch squares set 4 x 4. The hour glass block in 8 inches square (finished). Hope this helps a little.

Bobbielinks 03-08-2011 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom

Originally Posted by kso

Is this a scrap therpy quilt pattern?

Gosh, I don't know. I do know it's a old pattern, but a very nice one. And one to use up those scraps.

rudderjt 03-08-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks

Originally Posted by kso

I believe my customer told me that she used a pattern from a magazine dated in the 1970's, but she did not remember which magazine it was. I do think a person could make this quilt without a pattern as it only has the two blocks: the scrappy block is 8 inches square (finished), 2 1/2 inch squares set 4 x 4. The hour glass block in 8 inches square (finished). Hope this helps a little.

Being a retired shop teacher and a newby quilter, I do believe a feller, or lady, can do this one without a pattern. Believe I'll try. I have done one with a 25 block square that was really simple. Now, whenever I buy fabrick, I immediately cut off a couple of 2 1/2" strips and put them back, just for my jelly roll stash. Nice quilt. I like it. Jack

katlady 03-08-2011 06:51 AM

Awesome quilt.

karenm36 03-08-2011 06:52 AM

Beautiful!!!

buckeyed 03-08-2011 06:54 AM

Very, very nice job!!

Donna P 03-08-2011 06:57 AM

I really like those colors....good job