Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt for friend finished :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-friend-finished-t32136.html)

Barb M 12-22-2009 02:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wow, i posted in main last week a quilt i was trying to finish for a friend, and finally got it finished yesterday morning and off in the mail. It's a lap quilt, in memory of his dad who passed away this year, and so i knew christmas would be difficult this year for him aqnd his family, so just did something nice :) Anyways, this was really difficult to do, because the last few days my thread kept breaking, machine always messes up, right when im in the final stages of a quilt! lol But anyways, i got it done, and i think he will like it. The pictures arent really that good. And i didnt have time to take some good pictures cus i had to get it in the mail, but so here is what i do have for pictures :) The picture of the quilt is of the quilt before the border was put on, and before it was quilted. I forgot to take a picture of the finished border, and the borde4r looked so nice lol. I did a two inch border in the same yellow-peachy-orange-pale green fabric, that the stars are made out of, and stippled the border. I was worried that the quilt looked so plain, but the border really made it nice. So here's pictures, and thanks you so much for the encouragement :)

Deb G 12-22-2009 02:22 PM

Very nice, I'm sure he'll love the quilt. The holidays are difficult when you've lost a loved one but this is such a lovely act of kindness that you've created.
Have a Merry Christmas!! :) :)
~Deb~

SulaBug 12-22-2009 03:09 PM

Your friend is certainly LUCKY to get one of your beautiful quilts!! :D It's absolutely beautiful, as always. Nice to see you visiting the board again. I have missed your posting's!!
:D :D :D :D

rootyr 12-22-2009 03:27 PM

It will be loved!

sewnsewer2 12-22-2009 03:57 PM

Barb you did a really nice job on this and I like the way you did your label too! :thumbup:

oldswimmer 12-22-2009 04:03 PM

What a beautiful quilt and gesture. I am sure it will be cherished.

Mousie 12-22-2009 04:25 PM

It's very pretty, Barb. I'm sure it's going to mean a lot to your friend. :-D

Barb M 12-22-2009 04:52 PM

Awe, thank you so much everyone :) I printed my label right on regular fabric, backed with freezer paper, then heat set it, did the bleach test lol, and label was good to go :) I've been real quiet on forum last few weeks, cus i was so busy trying to focus on getting this done. I'm sorry i've missed so many people's posts and pictures over the last few months, but it seems like when i come to the forum, i only get through about 3 or 4 posts in each section, before i'm pooped, and i think i'm missing a lot, but i do come to the forum every day, but i just dont seem to be able to read as many posts as i used to be able to do. So i'm sure i've been missing some special posts, or not able to find them, but i guess i will just keep up with what i can :) Love you guys so much! :)

Barb_MO 12-22-2009 06:06 PM

That is a really nice quilt. I'm sure you friend will love it.

Barb M 12-22-2009 08:21 PM

Oh i hope he does, i think he will love it :)