Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A Quilt & A Funny (Sort of) Story (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-funny-sort-story-t61839.html)

Bostons 08-28-2010 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When my husband & I got married 17.5 years ago his maternal grandmother gave us a quilt she made for us for our wedding gift. She pulled me aside and told me that if we ever got divorced the quilt goes to him! That quilt has been in the plastic bag it came in for 17.5 years. I was afraid to ruin it in case I had to give it back! I mean, he said he didn't want a quilt so I would have to give it back to her. I certainly didn't plan on getting divorced but I didn't want to take any chances with the beautiful quilt. Anyway, now that I'm starting to quilt, I decided to get it out. It really is beautiful. And my husband really likes it too. Here is a picture of it.

Grandma Clark's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106216[/ATTACH]

Bostons 08-28-2010 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When my husband & I got married 17.5 years ago his maternal grandmother gave us a quilt she made for us for our wedding gift. She pulled me aside and told me that if we ever got divorced the quilt goes to him. That quilt has been in the plastic bag it came in for 17.5 years. I was afraid to ruin it in case I had to give it back! I mean, he didn't want a quilt. I certainly didn't plan on getting divorced but I didn't want to take any chances with the quilt. Anyway, now that I'm starting to quilt, I decided to get it out. It really is beautiful. And my husband really likes it too. Here is a picture of it.

Grandma Clark's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106217[/ATTACH]

lynnie 08-28-2010 07:54 AM

Oh i love it, i love crap quilts i might have to make one like that, i bookmarked the page

mrspete 08-28-2010 07:54 AM

It's a geometric wonder, WOW. and you had it put away. So glad you got it out, and now you can both enjoy it together. Blessings, Ruth

lynnie 08-28-2010 07:54 AM

I'm sorry, scrap, my keybod skips

erstan947 08-28-2010 07:55 AM

Now is the perfect time to use it. As a quilter you know it's value, not money but LOVE. May you and your DH enjoy it together, happily everafter!

sharone 08-28-2010 07:55 AM

What a lovely quilt and I really enjoyed the story as well - thanks.

grann of 6 08-28-2010 07:58 AM

Gorgeous!!! It should spend its life being admired, not in a plastic bag.

raptureready 08-28-2010 08:02 AM

What a beautiful quilt!!! It's a shame that you haven't felt comfortable enough to use it. After 17.5 yrs of marriage it's probably a safe bet to go ahead and use it now. Maybe now that you also quilt you can understand why she would want it to stay in her family.

People say the dumbest things at weddings. At my first one when I told one of my new husband's sisters that I was glad to finally meet her she looked at me and said, "That's fine but I want to tell you right now that _______ (his first wife) and I were BEST of friends." (They'd gotten a divorce 3 yrs before I even met him) But I even surprized myself when I smiled and replied, "I think that's wonderful. I've met her and she seems like a very nice person."

Gramma B 08-28-2010 08:16 AM

Pretty, should be displayed!