Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt from Hades...........finished, finally (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-hades-finished-finally-t227521.html)

Snooze2978 08-08-2013 09:14 AM

Quilt from Hades...........finished, finally

3 Attachment(s)
Yes, this quilt was a thorn in my side from start to finish. 1st off I started off with some embroidered blocks I had tucked away, then worked from them. Had no pattern to go by just put strips and blocks together until they made some sort of since. Well, it just didn't look right to me so I ripped out the embroidered blocks themselves from the stars around them and embroidered new blocks. Do you know how hard it is to try to fit something that's already put together? I don't suggest trying. So I pulled everything apart and started from scratch again. Still wasn't totally happy with it as the yellow didn't fit. I had it with the original blocks and their background fabric was yellow. These new ones were not. So I added a small border on the outside to try to bring the color into the quilt. Finally decided enough is enough and I would quilt it in yellow thread to bring the color into the quilt.

Well had no real plan for the quilting part so kept adding stuff to it till I finally decided enough was enough. The crosshatching is quilted using Aurifil white thread as its such a fine thread in my book. Got the binding all handsewn on last night so here it is. In case anyone is interested there are 104 less than 2" butterflies going around this quilt. What was I thinking of??????

And yes, my sashing is not straight so my quilting does not fit exactly perfect but I have a feeling the child receiving this quilt or her parents will really notice. I'll keep trying to perfect my straight stitching when making the top.

Thanks for looking and don't be too hard on me with this one.............................

Misty's Mom 08-08-2013 09:17 AM

Very nice and congratulations on sticking with it to finish it.

Daffy Daphne 08-08-2013 09:18 AM

Well, it's a darling quilt and I can't see any place your sashing isn't straight! Sorry it was such a PITA but it turned out beautiful.

Daffy

Podunk Princess 08-08-2013 09:27 AM

Beautiful and precious quilt. Sometimes that ones that cause the most pain are the ones that turn out the best. Love this one!

scrapngmom 08-08-2013 09:31 AM

Darling quilt. I can't see any place where the sashing isn't straight. Don't be too hard on yourself, be proud of what you did.

Susy 08-08-2013 09:58 AM

Awesome job, , I do know how hard it is to try to work on something that is already put together-oops, mine ended up in the garbage along with some salty old tears), it looks perfect in the pic and your quiltng is fatastic!

tessagin 08-08-2013 09:58 AM

It looks beautiful!

javin22 08-08-2013 10:03 AM

Well it is fantastic now. Great Job!!

mandyrose 08-08-2013 10:09 AM

don't be hard on yourself your quilt is beautiful I love love love the embroidery designs,where did you get them?I have an embroidery machine and some designs that look like hand embroidery I just love them. a teeny hint where you got the designs would sooo appreciated

dunster 08-08-2013 10:31 AM

It may have been a PITA at one time, but it's fantastic now.