Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt Made for and Gifted to ME!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-made-gifted-me-t250587.html)

mim 07-23-2014 06:52 AM

What a perfect idea!!!! for a baby quilt.

And the quilt is lovely and full of her love.

Mim[

QUOTE=omacookie;6813111]Both photos are beautiful. Your daughter is such a pretty bride. Her dress is very feminine. The quilt is a LABOR OF LOVE.....Ask for the scraps that she has left over and turn that into a baby quilt. Hugs[/QUOTE]

fivepaws 07-23-2014 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by marilynr (Post 6813144)
That is one of the sweetest gifts I have ever heard told. The quilt is beautiful, & of course, the bride is also.
What a wonderful & thoughtful daughter you have.

I bet you were sobbing. I would have been. It is such an emotional day all the way around.

BrendaK 07-23-2014 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 6813842)
What a beautiful way to honor her Mother, and a special moment for you.This says alot about your relationship with your daughter. With all the wedding planning and jitters, and during this time she is planning and making a quilt for you! These are the memories we Mothers treasure! Your daughter is a treasure!! Thank you for sharing this story, it really touched me.

Ditto. This is priceless. BrendaK

Lady Jane 07-23-2014 07:49 AM

How sweet and loving !

mrs. fitz 07-23-2014 07:50 AM

Beautiful couple, wish them many years of happiness; wonderful story and quilt. And as omacookie suggested above, do ask her for any scraps and when the time comes give her a very special baby quilt.

FabStripper 07-23-2014 08:50 AM

What a very special story; thank you for sharing it with us. I agree, only quilty friends will really feel it the way you felt it. Your story brought chills (good chills) to me - what a very special daughter you raised. For her to take on the task of learning YOUR hobby while planning her wedding and end up with such a beautiful tribute to her mother is just so touching. (Bribe her after a year and tell her you'll take one quilt per 9 months instead of babies - she'll start making babies!):girl::boy::D

Mariah 07-23-2014 08:56 AM

How special. Just proves we can do anything we want to do, if we want to do it bad enough. They are a beautiful couple, and she is beautiful in her dress and just beautiful in thought, word, deed.
I would be the same way; just cherishing every stitch of that quilt
Keep on loving it and enjoying it!
Marah.

Tweety2911 07-23-2014 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6813151)
What a beautiful bride.....lovely couple. This says everything about what a wonderful daughter you raised.....and everything about what kind of Mom you are. Words fail.....i am just so touched by this.

Ditto for me too!!!

tessagin 07-23-2014 09:16 AM

How absolutely wonderful. What a beautiful surprise, beautiful quilt and stunning couple

coachmatthewsvhs 07-23-2014 02:53 PM

Crying reading this... I can barely see the screen to type.... your daughter's wonderful, her quilt is so very heartfelt!!! Lucky Mom. As the kids would say, "You done good!!!!"