Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt in Miniature (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-miniature-t306062.html)

Lv2FMQ 08-01-2019 09:56 AM

They both are just darling.

sue.ross.8782 08-01-2019 11:16 AM

Very creative and great miniatures.:thumbup:

sJens 08-01-2019 01:49 PM

Great job on your mini quilts. They are both beautiful.

oksewglad 08-01-2019 02:55 PM

Ah a person after my own heart! I must ask...what did you use for batting on the second one. It drapes so nicely on the bed. Thanks for sharing.

miniquilts 08-01-2019 07:47 PM

The yo-yo quilt was the second one I made, and there is no batting whatsoever in that one. Was actually amazed a bit at the heft that one has! The "cheater" fabric that I did for the 4th of July though, I used a flannel type cotton for the back, and the "batting" for that one is actually a piece of a waffle type fabric like what is used for long johns and the like, was an old shirt that I found at a thrift store. Hope that might help with your question, and sorry I couldn't be more precise than that oksewglad.

Ariannaquilts 08-01-2019 08:31 PM

I made that exact cheater cloth mini quilt for my sister who does miniatures years ago. Just like her own home she changes her style and therefore I am pretty sure it's gone somewhere? Every now and then she will ask me to make something for one of her homes, but not as much as she used to. You are right they are addictive and so much fun.

oksewglad 08-02-2019 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by miniquilts (Post 8284173)
The yo-yo quilt was the second one I made, and there is no batting whatsoever in that one. Was actually amazed a bit at the heft that one has! The "cheater" fabric that I did for the 4th of July though, I used a flannel type cotton for the back, and the "batting" for that one is actually a piece of a waffle type fabric like what is used for long johns and the like, was an old shirt that I found at a thrift store. Hope that might help with your question, and sorry I couldn't be more precise than that oksewglad.

Thanks, miniquilts. I know exactly what you mean by the waffle like fabric...in fact have some that I was going to give away as I am purging my garment fabrics. ( I had used that kind of fabric for kids pj's 15-20 years ago.. Yes time to clear out.) But I will keep this piece and see how it works for my minis..thanks again.

Billy'swife 08-02-2019 08:02 AM

Both of your miniatures are sweet and adorable! You did an awesome job!

miniquilts 08-03-2019 02:25 PM

Truly, thank you to all of you that have commented and praised these! It truly surprised me how much attention the yo-yo quilt has been receiving in some of the miniature groups I'm a part of. Have to say I think the simple matter that so few do quilt in miniature like this is probably a good part of the reason. Ariannaquilts I hope sincerely she still has the quilt you made for her, may not be in use -- but it seems if you love minis most typically one hoards, even if not using at the time.

Rhonda 08-03-2019 02:49 PM

From one miniaturist to another I enjoyed your minis!! Will keep an eye out for any more of your minis!! Thanks for letting us see them!