Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt saved from garage sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-saved-garage-sale-t25310.html)

mardi 09-15-2009 04:48 PM

Maybe those sold at the garage sales found true love.

Ducky 09-15-2009 06:00 PM

Very true, Mardi. Very well put.

I was upset, but as I said, by the next day we were hugging and laughing and talking. DIL knows how much I love her. And you know what? She may NEVER get to the point where she loves and appreciates these kinds of things, but that's her life and not mine.

sewnsewer2 09-15-2009 06:26 PM

It's too bad that some people don't appreciate hand work and a gift from the heart like this.

It's beautiful, a true treasure, and I'm glad you saved it.

Ducky 09-15-2009 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
It's too bad that some people don't appreciate hand work and a gift from the heart like this.

It really is a treasure. It's still on my bed, and everytime I go in I have to study more bows. :D

Eddie 09-15-2009 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2

It really is a treasure. It's still on my bed, and everytime I go in I have to study more bows. :D

I do that, too, with quilts that others have made. I like to just look at them and think about how they viewed them while they were making them.

hereca622 09-16-2009 09:19 AM

This is the reason that I am very careful about giving a quilt away. I only make quilts for people that appreciate them. The materials alone, can be $70-100 and then there are the hours of my life that I spent making the quilt. The only quilts that I send into the world to fend for themselves, are the charity quilts for children and nursing homes.

tlrnhi 09-16-2009 09:22 AM

Somehow I missed this.
Ducky, wtg on saving that treasure!!!

mardi 09-16-2009 02:39 PM

Let's ask each of us what the definition of appreciation is in our own words. We will find I am sure, that there are so many different interpertations. Let's do this just for fun and see what we come up with.
Mardi

Shemjo 09-16-2009 03:11 PM

Thank you for sharing this treasure with us. I like Bow Tie quilts. They are scrappy and have a unique quality especially with that pretty border and being hand quilted, they are really special. It definitely needs a good label now that it has found a good home. God does work in mysterious ways! :lol:

kd124 09-16-2009 10:36 PM

Glad you rescued the quilt. It is beautiful and the quilting is fantastic. I'm glad that you have a close enough relationship with her to let it go and carry on.

It really makes me sad when I think about what a disposable country this has become. Sometimes I wonder how many items will be passed down from generation to generation in the future.