Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt for son for his deployment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-son-his-deployment-t250121.html)

Grandma Peg 07-14-2014 08:17 AM

Quilt for son for his deployment

1 Attachment(s)
Our son Andy will be deployed for the second time to Afghanistan next month. This quilt has been done except for the binding since April when we found out about the possibility he'd be deployed. Had a hard time doing the binding (which is my favorite part of the quilt to do) because kept hoping and praying he wouldn't be deployed. Once he got his final orders, many tears, the quilt is ready for him to take. When he was there last time he said it was pretty cold in the winter. The quilt I made him then went to the Afghan soldier he was training. Asking for prayers for our son, wife Christy, son Gavin (5) and daughter Julia (3) and all the soldiers (their families) serving.
Usually wash my fabrics before the quilt is made but these are from several charm packs. Was really scared of the red but it didn't bleed at all. There was nothing on the color catchers, so surprised. Good quality fabrics from MSQC.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]483080[/ATTACH]

#1piecemaker 07-14-2014 08:32 AM

Very nice!! I love red/white and black.

QuiltnNan 07-14-2014 08:55 AM

very nice.

pamesue 07-14-2014 09:34 AM

tell your son I said "thank you." My son just joined the Navy, his boot camp date is set for 2/5/15. But he could go sooner ....

and you did a lovely job on the quilt I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Tartan 07-14-2014 09:36 AM

​Great quilt and I will say a prayer for safety for him.

Elfi2 07-14-2014 09:43 AM

Lovely quilt and I'm sure whenever he will be be laying under it, he will feel your love and warmth and feel hugged by his Mum every time!!! :)
May our Lord bring him back home safe and bless the whole family!!!

Jingle 07-14-2014 10:15 AM

Very pretty quilt. Tell him thank you for me.

Lafpeaches 07-14-2014 10:43 AM

Thank you to your son. My son is just done with the Navy having been a submariner. Now living in Houston. His college quilt was burned up in a fire while out to sea. Am now making a Lone Star for him and his Texan wife which will have a robin and cherries appliqued on it for a piece of Michigan on it.

PenniF 07-14-2014 10:44 AM

Thoughts and prayers go out to all your family - and for a safe tour and safe return of your son. There are really no words to describe how it feels to send our sons - and daughters - into harms' way like this. It's been years since my son served in Iraq - but your message brought all the feelings right back again. Please thank Andy for his service from me and mine. I'm sure the quilt will be a hug from you every day.

brod71 07-14-2014 10:47 AM

What a wonderful quilt! Thank you to your son and the family for his service. Prayers for a safe return home. My son is 16 and constantly speaks of joining the military. I would be so proud but I am also secretly terrified. Thank God for our military and the brave men and women who serve. God bless!