Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt Top - Palm Mirror Boxes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-top-palm-mirror-boxes-t144289.html)

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops 08-11-2011 01:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These boxes are made with eight stacked right triangles, every other triangle reversed to the back of the fabric. The focus fabric was a large tropical leaf print. I really liked the turquoise and avocado green combination. Super easy to sew as long as the triangles are cut small enough so that you don't have a bias problem :)

LETIA 08-11-2011 01:43 AM

Great job. I love it.

k3n 08-11-2011 02:10 AM

This is just stunning (did I use that word already? :mrgreen: )

Haven't tried that reverse of the fabric thing yet but I will! :-D

thequilteddove 08-11-2011 02:11 AM

that's gorgeous

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops 08-11-2011 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Thanks! The mirror images are fun - well, actually, since I've done them with people and animals, sometimes they get a bit strange! But, if your don't mind a two-headed hockey player, or an eight -legged cat, they're fun! I just seldom see a fabric where the back is close enough in color to the front to do the mirror image.

k3n 08-11-2011 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops

Originally Posted by k3n

Thanks! The mirror images are fun - well, actually, since I've done them with people and animals, sometimes they get a bit strange! But, if your don't mind a two-headed hockey player, or an eight -legged cat, they're fun! I just seldom see a fabric where the back is close enough in color to the front to do the mirror image.

I've done an OBW layout with chickens - some love it and others find it creepy - all those headless chickens and beaks and eyes kaleidoscoping round! :mrgreen:

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops 08-11-2011 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by k3n

I've done an OBW layout with chickens - some love it and others find it creepy - all those headless chickens and beaks and eyes kaleidoscoping round! :mrgreen:

Yes, I've done chickens as well and I know what you mean. If is funny the ones that bother some people - on Flicker, I posted one the other week with fish and it bothered several people, however, the one with the cut up hockey players didn't seem to get anyone :)

k3n 08-11-2011 02:49 AM

Yes, I've done chickens as well and I know what you mean. If is funny the ones that bother some people - on Flicker, I posted one the other week with fish and it bothered several people, however, the one with the cut up hockey players didn't seem to get anyone :)

:lol:

blueangel 08-11-2011 03:22 AM

Nice

sewcrafty 08-11-2011 03:26 AM

Very pretty! Love the colors!