Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt Top - Yikes! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-top-yikes-t144281.html)

Kristin in ME 08-11-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops
Here's the third quilt top I made from some of my precut scraps.

I've had a lot of requests asking where I got this pattern. I don't have a pattern for it. If I've used a pattern for a quilt top, I'll list that when I list the picture. If I haven't listed a pattern, it means that the quilt top is just something I've made up. I don't actually write patterns, but I don't mind at all if someone makes something like what I've made :) Just to give an idea of scale, the smallest block in this quilt top has a 1.5 inch square for the center and the strips around it are 1.25 inches in width. So, the little block is 3 inches unset. The larges block is 10.5 inches unset.

I keep coming back to these. Really like them. Thanks for sharing the measurements, I was going to ask. My 10-year-old was just peering over my shoulder as I was looking at this and is requesting that I make him one in green, lol.

Kristin in ME 08-11-2011 03:43 AM

oh, one more thing- I'm assuming these must be twin sized?

Kristin in ME 08-11-2011 03:46 AM

I lied- another question! Just curious what you did for quilting on these?

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops 08-11-2011 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
oh, one more thing- I'm assuming these must be twin sized?

No...most of my quilt tops are smaller, either wall hanging or lap size. This one is about 51 x 61. Although, this design could easily be made larger..just keeping the blocks in sizes that will fit together :) My "design floor" is about that size and I stick to that because by the time I do one that fills the space, I'm ready to move on!

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops 08-11-2011 03:48 AM

I don't quilt any of my tops. I used to quilt, but decided that piecing is what I really liked to do best, so that's all I do now :)

Kristin in ME 08-11-2011 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops

I don't quilt any of my tops. I used to quilt, but decided that piecing is what I really liked to do best, so that's all I do now :)

Oh, interesting. Do you mean that you send them out to be quilted, or do you literally not have them quilted at all? Just finish them unquilted somehow?

debcavan 08-11-2011 07:14 AM

Your colors and your placement--wow. You just have an artist's eye

georgia 08-11-2011 07:22 AM

Linda, I made one similiar to this in greens, yellows and grays. It came out almost as pretty as yours. Blessings

Jim's Gem 08-12-2011 03:10 PM

:thumbup:

malindaann 08-12-2011 03:37 PM

looks like a Gustav Klimt inspiration. I love it