Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilted bags I have made. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilted-bags-i-have-made-t101423.html)

DeniseB 02-20-2011 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by joan_quilts
Those are gorgeous! Our lq shop sells those for $30 each.

Thats a great price. They have the advantage of getting their fabric , thread, fleece and other supplies wholesale and believe me that is a real savings. I have to pay retail for every piece of fabric and supply I use.

I don't make these bags to get rich (becuase I surely am not getting rich) just to help cover the cost of this wonderful hobby of quilting. I mostly love providing fellow quilters who don't want to make them with a chance to have one.

RedGarnet222 02-20-2011 05:19 PM

You have the bags down to a science denise. Wonderful combinations on all three.

DeniseB 02-20-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
Oh I really love them! What pattern did you use??

Thanks, glad you like them.

The bags I make are patterned off of the Bow Tuck Bag. It is a Quilts Illustrated pattern. I saw a completed bag at LQS and they didn't have the pattern. I wanted to make it for my daughter quickly for a b'day gift and couldn't wait the 4 to 6 weeks the shop quoted. I went home and started working on coming up with one. I made a bunch of practice ones out of muslin before I got it the way I wanted.

I suggest you buy that pattern. A friend of mine has it and it is a great easy to follow pattern. Once you make one you can't stop. LOL

DeniseB 02-20-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by alderdweller
Love it! Would like to know the pattern also if you're willing to share :)

Thanks, glad you like them.

The bags I make are patterned off of the Bow Tuck Bag. It is a Quilts Illustrated pattern. I saw a completed bag at LQS and they didn't have the pattern. I wanted to make it for my daughter quickly for a b'day gift and couldn't wait the 4 to 6 weeks the shop quoted. I went home and started working on coming up with one. I made a bunch of practice ones out of muslin before I got it the way I wanted.

I suggest you buy that pattern. A friend of mine has it and it is a great easy to follow pattern. Once you make one you can't stop. LOL

DeniseB 02-20-2011 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by cathylynn
love the black and white one. good job on all.

I do to, wish I could more of that fabric but it is not available.

DeniseB 02-20-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by auntmag
I have some of the red fabric, I plan to make a bag out of it.

You should it makes up beautifully doesn't it.

DeniseB 02-20-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
You have the bags down to a science denise. Wonderful combinations on all three.

Yes, I do. I love making them and I really love picking out the fabric. Thanks for the kind words.

take care

CarrieAnne 02-20-2011 05:29 PM

pretty!

sueisallaboutquilts 02-20-2011 06:35 PM

Beautiful bags!!

grammyto2 02-20-2011 06:38 PM

very nice.