Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilted Door Sign (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilted-door-sign-t153563.html)

qbquilts 09-16-2011 08:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm working on this door sign to give to a friend of mine. I had a PIF 2011 FB post back in February to give away 5 homemade items sometime in 2011 and sadly I'm just now getting around to them. Here's the first one. I'm going to do a similar one for another friend, but with a white background and using bright fabrics. For the third, I'll use a fishing pole instead of the flower vase (he's a guy :-)). The fourth works in a library and I'm going to attempt to make a stack of books instead of the flowers. I'm not sure about the fifth. I may try to make some type of photo frame.

These are some of the many projects I'm getting ready to take to camp with me :-). I need to buy pull together the kits for the other ones and pick up some thread for the applique still. I need to do the applique around the letters, the panel that the letters are on, quilt it, add the yo-yo flowers (they're not attached yet), and bind it.

welcome sign
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258044[/ATTACH]

blueangel 09-16-2011 08:47 PM

Very cute

Sewfine 09-16-2011 09:54 PM

Awesome

Painiacs 09-16-2011 10:04 PM

That's cute! Love it! May use it!!

fleurdelisquilts.com 09-16-2011 10:34 PM

I'm not sure what PIF is, but I have a feeling it means you better get busy! Have you tried using royalty free clip art for design patterns? Just enlarge to the size you want and cut into pattern pieces....just don't forget the 1/4 in. seam allowance if turning the applique under. There are lots of clips for a stack of books. Time saver tip :-)

chairjogger 09-16-2011 10:40 PM

Very fun !

qbquilts 09-16-2011 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
I'm not sure what PIF is, but I have a feeling it means you better get busy! Have you tried using royalty free clip art for design patterns? Just enlarge to the size you want and cut into pattern pieces....just don't forget the 1/4 in. seam allowance if turning the applique under. There are lots of clips for a stack of books. Time saver tip :-)

PIF = Pay It Forward. Whoever starts it says something along the lines of "I will make something for the first 5 people to comment on this post. All you have to do is repost this and promise to do the same." So instead of paying for your gift, you are paying it forward by giving a little gift to others.

I google image search a lot for quilting inspirations. I actually used my microsoft word to print off the letters I needed for the applique. The vase was drawn free hand after looking at some online.

cheri62 09-17-2011 01:03 AM

so sweet.

krabadan 09-17-2011 02:23 AM

Very nice way to greet your friends!

Zappycat 09-17-2011 03:21 AM

That's so pretty and the PIF goal is so great! I need to do that one day too!