Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilting Aids I use a lot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilting-aids-i-use-lot-t66525.html)

twinkie 09-24-2010 08:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
As some of you already know, my DH is very creative. I just wanted to share with you some of the things he has made for me to help with my quilting, crafts and embroidery.

#1 - This was made with a 14" embroidery hoop. I padded the bottom so I could put pins and needles in it like a pin cushion. I also attach my small scissors with a ribbon so they are always there when I need them.

#2 - This was made with an 8" embroidery hoop. The long post fits between my legs to hold it secure and lets both of my hands free. It has two positions - one is on top and is straight the other one is slanted.

#3 - I do a lot of crafts that involve ribbon. So, this is the ribbon rack he make for me. I just love it.

He is a keeper

14" lap hoop
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107234[/ATTACH]

Slanted hoop on a post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107235[/ATTACH]

Ribbon Rack
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107236[/ATTACH]

Lacelady 09-24-2010 08:33 AM

I agree with you, he is a keeper - your ribbon rack is not only practical, but pretty too, and it looks as if he might have made you a thread holder (below it)?

twinkie 09-24-2010 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I agree with you, he is a keeper - your ribbon rack is not only practical, but pretty too, and it looks as if he might have made you a thread holder (below it)?

Yes he did. All I have to do is mention something I need and he will make it. He is talking about making me a long arm machine by extending the throad of one of my machines. Then he is going to make me a rack to use it on. But it will only be used for personal use. My Avatar is a miniature ironing board he made to sit beside my sewing machine. Not only can he make anything, he can repair anything also. Can't say enough good about him.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-24-2010 08:40 AM

Very nice!!!!!!!! I love that hoop!!
Your DH is a sweetie for sure! :D

wolfkitty 09-24-2010 08:53 AM

How wonderful!

littlehud 09-24-2010 08:57 AM

What a guy. He sure is a keeper and so talented.

Darlene 09-24-2010 10:29 AM

Your hubby need to patent some of his stuff.

virtualbernie 09-24-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Yes he did. All I have to do is mention something I need and he will make it. He is talking about making me a long arm machine by extending the throad of one of my machines. Then he is going to make me a rack to use it on. But it will only be used for personal use. My Avatar is a miniature ironing board he made to sit beside my sewing machine. Not only can he make anything, he can repair anything also. Can't say enough good about him.

You do have a HH (handy hubby)!