Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   quilting mentor and our accomplishments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilting-mentor-our-accomplishments-t125581.html)

Sandi19 05-25-2011 04:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I posted a topic a couple of weeks ago...my parents were coming from Iowa for a visit. Mom and I sewed a lot while they were here in Florida. We made a "quillow" for our sailboat, 10 min. table runner, purse for mom, and a few pillow/gifts for Give Kids the World foundation(about 50 more to do). Here are a few of the projects we accomplished.

purse and table runner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202143[/ATTACH]

quillow opened up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202144[/ATTACH]

quillow folded into the pillow and cases for Give Kids the World
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202145[/ATTACH]

Sewfine 05-25-2011 04:19 AM

Very nice.

pjaco 05-25-2011 04:21 AM

Those are sure nice, I have never made a quillow.

frauhahn 05-25-2011 04:50 AM

Extremely nice items! How nice to share your love of quilting with your mom!

oksewglad 05-25-2011 06:20 AM

Isn't it wonderful to share your talents with each other? Tell us more about the Give Kids.... organization.

Sandi19 05-25-2011 11:22 AM

Give Kids the World is an organization here in Fl that gives a week of Disney to terminally ill children and their families. They also receive gifts each day, and one of them is a small pillow with a stuffed animal stuffed in the pillow pocket. Volunteers sew/donate the small cases and the pillows are provided by the org. I think they may be tiny hospital or airline pillows. My good friend volunteers there and asked me to sew for them. If you are interested in donating these cases, here is the # for info 407-396-0770 or go to www.gktw.org/volunteer. I'm not pushing this...just passing on info that was requested.
You can get 4 cases out of 1 yrd. of flannel and 12 novelty pockets from 1 yrd. of fabric. They're easy to make with scraps you have on hand.

oksewglad 05-25-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi19
Give Kids the World is an organization here in Fl that gives a week of Disney to terminally ill children and their families. They also receive gifts each day, and one of them is a small pillow with a stuffed animal stuffed in the pillow pocket. Volunteers sew/donate the small cases and the pillows are provided by the org. I think they may be tiny hospital or airline pillows. My good friend volunteers there and asked me to sew for them. If you are interested in donating these cases, here is the # for info 407-396-0770 or go to www.gktw.org/volunteer. I'm not pushing this...just passing on info that was requested.
You can get 4 cases out of 1 yrd. of flannel and 12 novelty pockets from 1 yrd. of fabric. They're easy to make with scraps you have on hand.

Thanks, sounds like a worthy cause. I think you can post this info in the Topic List--opportunities to donate.... section, too.

Stitchnripper 05-25-2011 02:36 PM

All wonderful. I think I used that purse pattern too.

debcavan 05-25-2011 03:01 PM

How cool