Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilting-t105074.html)

Lori Peercy 03-04-2011 07:17 PM

I think that I need to say this, I have been looking at pictures of quilts for a few months now and they are so lovely. I aspire to do half as well as I progress along this quilting path. I have looked at blocks and how they are constructed and the colors. I have started to quilt now and I have to say that this is a tlented group of people. In my mind I can see what needs to be done but can't make my hands do it, YET. I will keep going. Practice, practice and then alittle practice. As a beginer I can appreciate all that you do without giving it a thought. You all need to take a bow.

BETTY62 03-04-2011 07:23 PM

A big welcome from East Texas!

Qbee 03-04-2011 07:26 PM

Amen!! It is hard for us Newbies to see what ya'll do with such ease :D

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I think that I need to say this, I have been looking at pictures of quilts for a few months now and they are so lovely. I aspire to do half as well as I progress along this quilting path. I have looked at blocks and how they are constructed and the colors. I have started to quilt now and I have to say that this is a tlented group of people. In my mind I can see what needs to be done but can't make my hands do it, YET. I will keep going. Practice, practice and then alittle practice. As a beginer I can appreciate all that you do without giving it a thought. You all need to take a bow.

erstan947 03-04-2011 07:27 PM

I get inspiration every day from the posts and photos. I love to start my day and end my day here.:)

Rumbols 03-04-2011 07:28 PM

Welcome. I was a looker too. There quilters are most awesome bunch of friends I have ever found. You will get lots of help from everyone.

terri bb 03-04-2011 07:30 PM

oh i so agree!!! i am still a greenhorn..i think i will be for what? 15-20 years?? hehe!! i look at the pics, the perfect points, and the quilting...i just started to try and fmq....my hats off to you all, your quilts tell pictures i can see in my head but can't quite get out yet!!

Originally Posted by Qbee
Amen!! It is hard for us Newbies to see what ya'll do with such ease :D

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy

cjomomma 03-04-2011 08:53 PM

Yep! I completely agree! I wish I could do half of what these talented people do. I show my quilts but they do not compare to the beauties I see on here everyday. Mine are always simple easy patterns.

kateyb 03-05-2011 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I get inspiration every day from the posts and photos. I love to start my day and end my day here.:)

Me, too.

grammy6 03-05-2011 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947

Aaaahhh so true, so true. But I have to say I've learned "alot" from the board...You guys&gals are the best!THANKS

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

CindyinNY 03-05-2011 09:30 PM

Ditto and adding my thanks too. I wouldn't have even tried this if it weren't for the wonderful people on this board!