Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilts for a cause (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilts-cause-t122253.html)

rahaube 05-10-2011 08:35 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I would like to share a what I have been doing the past couple of weeks. The first quilt is one I made for a friend who is the wife of a pastor and has cancer. The centers of each block has a scripture verse which is meant to be comforting and uplifting. The others were all put in the mail today to my daughter who is doing an arts and crafts show on Saturday where all the proceeds form her booth will go to the Out of Darkness Walk for education and prevention of suicide. My daughter will be joining this walk for the second time this year. It is an 18 mile overnight walk. Each participant has to raise at least $1000 in donations, etc. She has reached her $1000 and is striving for two but the proceeds from this sale will go towards her best friends $1000. Her best friend plans to join her in the walk this year. My daughter lost her daughter, my only granddaughter to suicide at the age of 16 so this cause is near and dear to my heart. I may have to submit these in more than one post. Not sure if I know how to use "Add New attachment" link.

Round table topper pieced as a 9 patch -9 patch then cut , quilted and bound
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195588[/ATTACH]

Snippets and broidery purse raw edge applique wall hanging with free hand machine embroidery and free motion quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195604[/ATTACH]

Hand appliqued and hand quilted, embellished with button animals
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195605[/ATTACH]

Comfort quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195618[/ATTACH]

I spy quilt with pocket of cards on back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195619[/ATTACH]

Table runner paper pieced on 6 1/2 inch yellow pages squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195620[/ATTACH]

Jim's Gem 05-10-2011 08:53 PM

Beautiful work!! Thanks for sharing!!!

We just received news today of a friend who hung herself on Sunday. We all knew that she was a little depressed but none of us had any idea this would happen She was 68

BETTY62 05-10-2011 09:01 PM

Your work is awesome. I am sure they will bring big money for the cause. I am sorry to learn of your family's loss.

earthwalker 05-10-2011 09:04 PM

What beautiful work you do....I am sure your friend will get great comfort from her quilt and I hope all the other pieces raise a ton of money for your daughter and her friend. I am so sorry your family has suffered so and I wish you all the very best. You are doing such a valuable thing by supporting education and awareness of suicide, which the world over is increasing, particularly with our youth. Bless you.

Quilting Angel 05-10-2011 10:07 PM

Great job. Love the Noah's Ark.

Jammin' Jane 05-10-2011 10:28 PM

All your quilts are so beautiful. I'm sure you found much comfort in making them. I am sorry for the pain you and your family are dealing with. May God bless you!

Painiacs 05-10-2011 11:22 PM

Love I spy, flowers and moans ark. Love the scripture one but no idea wHere to find the scriptures at!

QM 05-10-2011 11:35 PM

Good for you.

owlvamp 05-10-2011 11:43 PM

Beautiful work!! I love the buttons.

SueDor 05-11-2011 03:13 AM

Nice work!