Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilts-t104517.html)

cctx. 03-02-2011 08:43 PM

I love all of them, but especially the Sunbonnet one, it looks authentic, it fooled me. Great job!

ThreadHead 03-02-2011 09:13 PM

Did you see the Boo-Boo on the Car Quilt. I had to do two of the squares over.

ThreadHead 03-02-2011 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by sweetp2dt
Love them! Especially the embroidery. What did you use to digitize the pictures? I have a Babylock Ellegante and want to make my own designs. Havent figured out which one to get for this machine, without spending lots of money.

I scanned in a picture or downloaded a .bmp. Took it over to my Babylock digitizing program. Cleaned it up and got rid of all the unwanted objects. Added color, thread count and design. I write it to a card and insert it into my Ese2 machine to sew it out. I do any testing and tweeking before it ready for the quilt material.
I have done hundreds and hundreds of designs myself, plus I've downloaded tons from other digitizer online. Which, I know I will never ever use.
I have plenty to share if you need any. I know they are costly from the companies, like 45.00 for a card of 20.

The SunBonnet Sue quilt has some 3 dimensional parts on it too, like the hair sticking out from under their hats. It's embroidery floss. Turned out cute.

watson's mom 03-02-2011 09:40 PM

All your quilts are gorgeous, love the car quilt. I never would have seen the mix-up if you hadn't said anything, it should be x-y-z. I would leave it just for interest ( I think ) maybe I wouldn't. Thank you for sharing.

ThreadHead 03-02-2011 09:43 PM

I am so thrilled that I received so many comments. I just posted about 3 hours ago. I really appreciate it. Thanks

I am 71, been sewing since I was 19 when I got my first sewing machine, Pfaff while in Germany.
I have 3 children, 6 grandchildren and 1 great granddaughter.

Can't count how many quilts I've made over the years. I have a UFO basket quilt top that was given to me in 1960 by my mother-in-law. She had it a long time before me and she never got around to finishing it either. I know it's between 50 and 70 years old. I saw someone else had a basket quilt on this board and I pulled mine out of my stash and it is still strong and almost new looking. I think that will be my next project. I need to get a name and date on it.

Grandma58 03-02-2011 09:46 PM

Sweet

Anne P 03-02-2011 09:51 PM

Love the quilts. Is it the X and Y?

grammysews4u 03-02-2011 09:56 PM

Neat quilts and welome from Kansas!

ThreadHead 03-02-2011 11:05 PM

Yes, it was the X and Y --- I sent it to my brother and he didn't see it either. My sister sent me an e-mail telling me to go back to school and practice my ABC's, so my brother sent it back and I fixed it. What an embarrassment.

leahbug 03-02-2011 11:13 PM

Your quilts are beautiful and welcome to the board from Tennessee.