Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Quilty Puppies and Shakespeare in the Park (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilty-puppies-shakespeare-park-t217260.html)

Wanabee Quiltin 03-25-2013 06:31 AM

This is going to be a georgous quilt, I love all those colors. What a great friend you are to make this. I have Judy Martin books too, guess I need to look at this one again.

mighty 03-25-2013 07:20 AM

It is going to be beautiful!!! Love your babies!!!!!

Rosyhf 03-25-2013 11:39 AM

Thank you Ladies. I love to have those puppies near me and they love to be with me every turn. I am fixing them a spot on the sewing cabinet so they can watch while I sew lol. My Molly used to have that spot.

I did the seven blocks in a short afternoon so I suppose it won't take that long to finish the reel blocks. I am cutting today as I want as many different fabrics in the reels. So far I have just done some blues, now it's time to add all the rest. I will post pics of blocks as I go.

This couple that I am making this for, are really some dear friends of mine of many years. He in particular has given me so much of his time on different things, from learning the computer etc. It will such a pleasure to make this quilt for them, I might make two lol. I am thinking that I need at least a twin for me lol.

Rebecca_S 03-25-2013 01:11 PM

Thanks for showing these pics. I am in the planning stages of a Shakespear in the park quilt that I want to make scrappy and there aren't many pics of scrappy ones to look at.

Rosyhf 03-25-2013 02:11 PM

Oh this one will be scrappy lol. I am still cutting...

QUILTNMO 03-25-2013 03:20 PM

very nice be sure to show us when completed

bcross 03-26-2013 03:32 AM

I love your blues. I have the book Yes You Can Make Stunning Quilts From Simple Patterns and it has a similar pattern on the front Virginia Pinwheel. I am now inspired to give it a try.

WTxRed 03-26-2013 03:42 AM

what a beauty this is going to be. i see another added to my list. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing your progress on this.

Rosyhf 03-26-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by bcross (Post 5954952)
I love your blues. I have the book Yes You Can Make Stunning Quilts From Simple Patterns and it has a similar pattern on the front Virginia Pinwheel. I am now inspired to give it a try.

I have that book also (I have all her books in my collection, from the very first one). I did make that Virginia Pinwheel also. She has added the star blocks to that pattern in this book.

Rosyhf 03-26-2013 10:51 AM

I got all the cutting done for the larges tri's. I cut the biggest strips first, then subcut the squares and the tri's and then use what's left for the smaller strips and tri's. This way, nothing gets wasted.

Normally I don't like to cut too many pieces but in this case, because I want to use many different fabrics, I have to cut what I need. These blocks go very fast for me, so I don't mind all the pieces. I don't know how the star blocks will go yet.