Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Raise The Roof Quilttop Finished!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/raise-roof-quilttop-finished-t194306.html)

Dollyo 07-13-2012 03:44 AM

Beautiful. Love the stars and log cabins.

Traditional 07-13-2012 04:19 AM

Beautiful!!
Good Job.

hairquilt 07-13-2012 04:27 AM

Very nice log cabin! Beautiful job of piecing!!

BuzzinBumble 07-13-2012 05:07 AM

Ronda, this is one of my favorite quilts for sure! You did a great job! :thumbup: I love your jewel toned colors and the many different whites/creams!!! Can you show us close up pictures, or a larger picture?
So, I just went and ordered the book from Amazon. I usually foundation piece a log cabin... was it hard to do with the star bursts added? Was it a scrappy? How many different cream fabrics did you use?
Oh dear! You'd think this was "20 Questions" :o

Linda, Ronda is not just in the paper pieced swap, but the doll quilt swap too!

calicojoan 07-13-2012 05:14 AM

No wonder you fell it love. It's beautiful! I personally love log cabin blocks in just about anything too. I might have to check that pattern out closer! :o

ItsJustMe 07-13-2012 05:23 AM

Beautiful! Love the design and the colors! Kudos!

WMUTeach 07-13-2012 06:00 AM

Beautiful pattern and well executed. I can see why you fell for it and put it on your "must do" list.

rwquilts 07-13-2012 06:08 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. It's nice to know that others also love this pattern. Wish I'd have come up with it myself, but don't mind copying others work when it's gorgeous, right? :)

rwquilts 07-13-2012 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 5360988)
Ronda, this is one of my favorite quilts for sure! You did a great job! :thumbup: I love your jewel toned colors and the many different whites/creams!!! Can you show us close up pictures, or a larger picture?
So, I just went and ordered the book from Amazon. I usually foundation piece a log cabin... was it hard to do with the star bursts added? Was it a scrappy? How many different cream fabrics did you use?
Oh dear! You'd think this was "20 Questions" :o

Linda, Ronda is not just in the paper pieced swap, but the doll quilt swap too!

Lara, this is a scrappy pattern and she give directions for the number of fabrics to use, how to cut and sew parts together with that in mind. If you follow her directions, then no...it's not hard to do because you've sewn flying geese units together and others as well so when it comes time to make the star blocks, it's just assembling them as a normal nine patch would go together. You do have to be accurate on your flying geese units however...just saying...LOL! This was a challenge for me in that it's a lot of sewing and I had to make sure my seam allowances were right on so I didn't lose my star points if you know what I mean? :) The book calls for 13 assorted lights and 19 assorted darks...I used more than that, but with scrappy, you can do almost anything? I only foundation piece log cabin blocks when they're small, but not for larger size blocks. They were easy, peasy, as was the piano key outside border. Did I answer everything? :)

MargeD 07-13-2012 06:19 AM

What a gorgeous quilt, I may have t o get that pattern for my son and DD for their bed.