Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Ready for the LAQ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ready-laq-t81595.html)

Kitsapquilter 12-08-2010 10:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is a top I have had done for several years. Done in flannel. It is going to Candlequilter to be quilted in time to give to the DH for Christmas. He knows about but is anxious to have it all finished. I am lucky that Candlequilter only lives about 20 minutes away. That is very handy to have her so near! Plus she does fantastic work.
Got this pattern from McCalls Quick Quilts, March 2002 issue. The name of it is Country Spirit.
I will post another pic when it is all quilted and bound.

The fabric folded by the side is for the backing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140250[/ATTACH]

Quiltforme 12-08-2010 10:33 PM

Very nice!! What fun to have her so close!

zzzGP 12-08-2010 11:08 PM

Really nice! I know he will love it...

deltadawn 12-08-2010 11:41 PM

Lovely.

ScubaK 12-08-2010 11:53 PM

Can't wait to see this finished...looks beautiful!
Kirsten

CoventryUK 12-09-2010 12:39 AM

Very nice! So good to have a LAQ close at hand!! Mine is 12miles away!! Couldn't do it without her!!!

pdcakm 12-09-2010 12:58 AM

outstanding top. sure husband will be over the moon when finished.

candlequilter 12-09-2010 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
This is a top I have had done for several years. Done in flannel. It is going to Candlequilter to be quilted in time to give to the DH for Christmas. He knows about but is anxious to have it all finished. I am lucky that Candlequilter only lives about 20 minutes away. That is very handy to have her so near! Plus she does fantastic work.
Got this pattern from McCalls Quick Quilts, March 2002 issue. The name of it is Country Spirit.

Thanks Linda I can hardly wait to get my hands and LA on it. Just finished up the one I was working on last night. 2 more to go plus 3 on the way but I will be ready for yours anytime after Dec 15th. Please let me know if you need me to come out and pick it up for you. Hope you get over your cold quickly. I came down with one 2 days before I left with my DS and DDIL for Disney World. But after 3 weeks it is about gone.

Thanks again and take care,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Kitsapquilter 12-09-2010 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter

Thanks Sherryl, I don't really have a cold. Just the hacky little cough.
I decided I will have this quilted with or without the new backing. I will give the backing until the 14th to get here, maybe. May just bring it to you sooner. Will let you know.
Thanks Linda I can hardly wait to get my hands and LA on it. Just finished up the one I was working on last night. 2 more to go plus 3 on the way but I will be ready for yours anytime after Dec 15th. Please let me know if you need me to come out and pick it up for you. Hope you get over your cold quickly. I came down with one 2 days before I left with my DS and DDIL for Disney World. But after 3 weeks it is about gone.

Thanks again and take care,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

rootyr 12-09-2010 02:53 AM

I like it!