Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Received my batiks from Connecting Threads today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/received-my-batiks-connecting-threads-today-t60251.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-22-2010 05:21 PM

I have no idea how they should be priced but I was happy b/c it's a really nice one and I've seen them go for more :)
I was pleased with the price.

buffy2 08-22-2010 06:11 PM

beautiful colors. I have order some from connecting threads, Can't wait t get them. It is my frist time ordering from them.

IBQUILTIN 08-22-2010 07:22 PM

Go Eddie!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with all that delicious color

zz-pd 08-22-2010 08:21 PM

Those are beautiful. God bless.

My Cat's Belle 08-23-2010 02:26 PM

Your work is just beautiful. I love both the one you have done and your new project. Let us see a picture when you finish.

It is so great that Connecting Threads has such great material and reasonable prices.

Susan

wraez 08-24-2010 01:47 AM

Wasn't CT smart to finally add batiks? And the price is great. I'm happy to hear from someone who has purchased them and saying that they feel and look wonderful in person.

I'm green with batik fabric envy.

I like the new semi-solids they have added too AND all of their regular line has been reduced in price. WOW

BUT I also noticed that they dramatically raised the price of their thread sets. I love their threads have been using them maybe 6 or 7 years and gratefully purchased all of their sets somewhat recently at the old price, whew.

A/C quilt hugs, sue in CA

katier825 08-24-2010 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by wraez
Wasn't CT smart to finally add batiks? And the price is great. I'm happy to hear from someone who has purchased them and saying that they feel and look wonderful in person.

I'm green with batik fabric envy.

I like the new semi-solids they have added too AND all of their regular line has been reduced in price. WOW

BUT I also noticed that they dramatically raised the price of their thread sets. I love their threads have been using them maybe 6 or 7 years and gratefully purchased all of their sets somewhat recently at the old price, whew.

A/C quilt hugs, sue in CA

Even though the thread prices have increased, it's still a bargain if you compare to other brands. Even if you buy singles at $2.49, you are getting nearly 3x the thread as Coats & Clark. My machine didn't like the connecting threads brand, but it loves Aurifil and Wonderfil. They go for $8-9 per spool.

wraez 08-24-2010 03:05 AM

Katier, I do realize that the threads are still a bargain. I was just saying that I was happy to get them at the old price.

Regarding Aurofil ... you can get it at CarmenWarehouse.com for $5.50 1422yd spool.

A/C quilt hugs, sue

Honey 08-24-2010 04:12 AM

Now I just have to order mine!!

Quiltgranny 08-24-2010 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by wraez

Regarding Aurofil ... you can get it at CarmenWarehouse.com for $5.50 1422yd spool.

A/C quilt hugs, sue

Thanks so much for the tip!! What a fantastic sale! I'm ordering.