Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Recycled quilt blocks Part 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/recycled-quilt-blocks-part-2-a-t45467.html)

Candace 05-10-2010 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another top I threw together over the last few days, recycling some blocks a quilter in my area didn't want anymore. I need to add a border, but I don't have any fabric that would go with it. I think these are 70's style fabrics mainly and I'm hoping over the next few months something rather inexpensive will scream out to me. All of these blocks were hand pieced and although they are far from perfect, I wanted them to go to use. I think with a neat border it will make a sweet baby quilt.

quiltsRfun 05-10-2010 01:20 PM

I agree, it would make a great baby quilt. Wish I had it right now as I'm in need of one. :)

Butterflyblue 05-10-2010 01:40 PM

I like that! I think you're right, with a border it will make a great baby quilt.

ann clare 05-10-2010 01:51 PM

lovely.

LUV2QLT 05-10-2010 02:11 PM

Very cute baby quilt, for sure! Nice idea of putting the seam ripper in the photo so we get a good idea of how large the quilt is! A border would be good to finish it off and to make it a bit larger. Maybe a solid pastel color not already in the quilt blocks or an 'off-the-wall' print fabric since there are other similar fabrics in the blocks?

Candace 05-10-2010 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by LUV2QLT
Very cute baby quilt, for sure! Nice idea of putting the seam ripper in the photo so we get a good idea of how large the quilt is! A border would be good to finish it off and to make it a bit larger. Maybe a solid pastel color not already in the quilt blocks or an 'off-the-wall' print fabric since there are other similar fabrics in the blocks?

I don't really want a solid. I'm looking for some kind of wild, girlish 70's style fabric that would co-ordinate with the blocks. Anyone have a good fabric suggestion?

CAK44 05-10-2010 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Here's another top I threw together over the last few days, recycling some blocks a quilter in my area didn't want anymore. I need to add a border, but I don't have any fabric that would go with it. I think these are 70's style fabrics mainly and I'm hoping over the next few months something rather inexpensive will scream out to me. All of these blocks were hand pieced and although they are far from perfect, I wanted them to go to use. I think with a neat border it will make a sweet baby quilt.

Is there any of fabric left you could make strips using the fabric left over for the border, either long strip or shorts one and have all the colors in the border. Just a suggestion. What ever you do will lookgreat.

Barbm 05-10-2010 03:56 PM

verynice! Do you have any idea what color border you want?

dkabasketlady 05-10-2010 04:16 PM

Very nice quilt for a baby!

dsb38327 05-10-2010 04:25 PM

I'm just thinking Satin or something silky soft. For me, the 2 yellows pop more than the others. It is a sweet litte quilt.