Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A red/white/blue star quilt --- quilted by Dee (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/red-white-blue-star-quilt-quilted-dee-t198067.html)

charmy 09-01-2012 02:01 AM

Wow Dee this is just gorgeous. You nailed this one and man oh man did your quilting enhance her quilt and made it POP. You rock Dee. ♥♥♥

Just Me... 09-01-2012 02:09 AM

You both did fantastic work!

Noiseynana 09-01-2012 02:36 AM

Ok now that I have re-started my heart,that is soooooo beautiful. Those tiny little bitty logs , omg . My chin fell on my computer table. That lady must be out of her mind . hehehe How long did it take to make the top? This inquiring mind needs to know. hehehhe
And the quilting , takes my breath away. Beautiful. Now I only need to find a heart doctor , an eye doctor and a chin strap. hehehee

amandasgramma 09-01-2012 06:25 AM

:) Thanks, everyone ...........I felt blessed she trusted me with the quilt!!

Noisynana -- You are so funny!!! I have no idea how long it took, but I KNOW it was a very short time. Marie is a FAST sewer............seems it was only a month or two but she may have been doing it without my knowledge.

hairquilt 09-01-2012 06:35 AM

This one blows me away-your quilting really makes it a show stopper!! Beautiful!

purplecat 09-01-2012 08:34 AM

Beautiful quilt and quilting!

mhansen6 09-02-2012 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma (Post 5483136)
:) Thanks, everyone ...........I felt blessed she trusted me with the quilt!!

Noisynana -- You are so funny!!! I have no idea how long it took, but I KNOW it was a very short time. Marie is a FAST sewer............seems it was only a month or two but she may have been doing it without my knowledge.

This quilt "Eldon" was the featured project at a quilt retreat I went to. Finding just the right fabrics took awhile. The pattern is supposed to be scrappy, but I wanted something different. Then it took me 2 whole days to cut all the pieces out. I think I got 4 of the stars and several of the log cabin blocks done at the retreat. At the time I was working full time so I worked on the quilt on the weekends. I listen to books on tape while quilting and I know I listened to the whole "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and the "Hobbit" while I finished it.

To those of you who want to make this quilt be warned that it has very few straight seams. It is nothing but Y seams. If you take on this pattern you will be an expert in Y seams when you are finished.

I loved how this quilt turned out. Dee's quilting is stunning. I plan on entering this quilt in the Sister's Quilt Show next summer. My first entry into a quilt show.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Marie

HummerGardenCrafts 09-02-2012 05:25 AM

beautiful!!!!

chislett 09-02-2012 05:39 AM

One of the most stunning quilts I have seen. Beautiful work by both of you!

chislett 09-02-2012 05:40 AM

One of the most beautiful quilts I have seen. Exquisite work by both of you!