Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Reorganized My Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/reorganized-my-sewing-room-t183513.html)

Fab-ra-holic 03-20-2012 04:51 PM

Reorganized My Sewing Room

7 Attachment(s)
Here are a few before and after pics. of my sewing room. My boss made me a large ironing board top but it was just to unstable on my ironing board so I went to Big Lots and bought (2) 20.00 bookcases and wa-la. I now have my fabric storage and ironing board compressed into one space. It's also nice now not having the ironing board in the way all of the time. I then removed all the thread off of my pegboard and put it all in the organizer drawers with wheels. Much more convenient when I am doing my embroidering and I don't have to move my cutting table to get to it. I also got a new laptop so now I don't have to be downstairs to use the computer. This meant bring up my printer and all the things that go with the computer. So I put the metal shelving on the table top and I still have plenty of room to do what I have to do on the table. If you notice, you will also see that the top half of the metal shelving is underneath my cutting table for more storage. It was just the right height to fit under. I also have lots of storage under the sewing tables. We sure do accumulate a lot of STUFF don't we? Well, this is my little piece of paradise. Hope you enjoy looking.
Have a great day.
PS Yes, my room does get a little messy when I am in the throws of a project, but, it is always this organized and I don't apologize :D

pacquilter 03-20-2012 05:02 PM

What a beautiful, cheerful sewing area! I especially love the ironing station because it's big enough for pressing large items, and you don't have to put it up and down. Love the pegboard, too!

Sewfine 03-20-2012 05:03 PM

You have such a spacious sew room. I like how you have your rulers and scissors on the peg board. Would love to see the quilt in progress.

Fab-ra-holic 03-20-2012 05:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is the quilt you see on the cutting table. I made it for my GS. It was my quilt-from-he**:hunf:

granmalovesyou 03-20-2012 05:15 PM

love your sewing space wish mine looked that well organized...

granmalovesyou 03-20-2012 05:16 PM

Great quilt,my grandson would really love that

serenitybygrace 03-20-2012 05:22 PM

Your sewing room is wonderful. Is it a panel in the center of the front or did you applique it? I haven't seen one like that anywhere. I am sure your GS will love it.

Fab-ra-holic 03-20-2012 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by serenitybygrace (Post 5077369)
Your sewing room is wonderful. Is it a panel in the center of the front or did you applique it? I haven't seen one like that anywhere. I am sure your GS will love it.

This was a panel. It was so out of whack I had to starch the heck out of it to stretch it into the correct shape.

alikat110 03-20-2012 05:29 PM

Green with envy!!!!

leatheflea 03-20-2012 06:03 PM

Oh my that just looks to good, you better get in there and do some work because I'm jeaulous of how clean it is.