Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Rhonda's Star Finished! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/rhondas-star-finished-t20615.html)

k3n 05-27-2009 04:23 AM

Thanks everyone! yes, I think I'll leave it floppy. i just washed it to get the pencil marks out and it's tightened up a bit anyway!

K x

sandpat 05-27-2009 04:26 AM

Naw....I don't think its too floppy...hmmm...maybe I need a closer look..my addy is......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really think you did a great job! I'm going to have to check out Rhonda's star point thing now..Don't know how I missed it!

Justquilting 05-27-2009 04:40 AM

Didn't see this the first time around. It came out great!! I love stars!!

Bevanger 05-27-2009 05:07 AM

ooooooooooo very pretty :D

ceannastahr 05-27-2009 05:08 AM

You can never go wrong with blues as far as I'm concerned. It totaly awesome.

motomom 05-27-2009 06:13 AM

Beautiful! I may have to make some smaller stuff, you have really inspired me.

Debbie1 05-27-2009 10:12 AM

Very pretty!

k3n 05-27-2009 10:27 AM

Wow thanks everyone for the comments! It was really fun to do and I'm definitely going to make more - you can arrange these star points in all kinds of patterns! I used 3" finished blocks for this - I might go down to 2" next time and get a really intricate pattern!

K x

Rhonda 05-27-2009 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Wow thanks everyone for the comments! It was really fun to do and I'm definitely going to make more - you can arrange these star points in all kinds of patterns! I used 3" finished blocks for this - I might go down to 2" next time and get a really intricate pattern!

K x

Well it is time I chimed in huh? I love how it came out!! I favor blues a lot so it is fantastic!! I think the color choice is what makes it work!!

If you use the colors that don't play off each other the design won't stand out so well! I love your color and pattern choices!!

I am honored to have a block named after me!!! :mrgreen:

I have a hard time coming up with names for these blocks!

It is funny you said these blocks can be turned lots of ways. I am working on an ebook with the Star Point Blocks. It will be like the Boston Blocks but I will add more patterns to this one.

I am so glad you get the point that these "Blocks" can be used to turn differant ways to get more designs. A lot of people have a hard time with this concept with regards to my methods.

Congratulations on a job well done!!! I think leaving areas unquilted is a personal choice and it looks just fine the way you did it!!!

Way to go! and I look forward to more Star Point projects from you!!

k3n 05-27-2009 11:05 AM

Thank you Rhonda! Thank, thank you Rhonda!
Thank you Rhonda yeah! (get her out of my head!)

Sorry been wanting to do that for ages - it was number one (the day I was born apparently! I'm sure it's not the first time you heard it!

K x