Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Rock and Roll! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/rock-roll-t47375.html)

bstanbro 05-28-2010 08:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This is my second Downy quilt. I'm told that "Rock and Roll" is a term commonly used a skate parks. Since my quilt has a skateboard theme, I thought that would be a good name.

I used my embroidery module to quilt the blocks. The first border is a decorative stitch from my sewing machine, and the second border is done by FMQ-ing. So, a little of everything. It was difficult to get the blocks hooped up evenly to be embroidered. I used the template that came with my hoop. Even though some of them are off, I don't think it hurts the overall look of the quilt. I hope you like it.

Quilt top--skateboard theme
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74833[/ATTACH]

Close up of the embroidered quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74834[/ATTACH]

Close up of decorative stitching on the first border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74835[/ATTACH]

Quilt back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74836[/ATTACH]

craftybear 05-28-2010 08:02 AM

awesome, thanks for sharing!

amma 05-28-2010 08:06 AM

Adorable!!! I love the decorative stitching in the border, the quilting is so cute too, Good Job :D:D:D
They supply the most cheerful fabric!!!

MamaBear61 05-28-2010 08:08 AM

Great quilt, and wonderful job on the quilting the back looks just as good as the front.

Debbie B 05-28-2010 08:12 AM

great quilting...the back is just a pretty as the front!

franie 05-28-2010 08:19 AM

I love this bright and cheerful quilt. The stitching and quilting is awesome too.

Candace 05-28-2010 08:43 AM

Yes, hooping and embroidering the designs can take some practice. But, it's worth it for the professional results!

bstanbro 05-28-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Yes, hooping and embroidering the designs can take some practice. But, it's worth it for the professional results!

It sounds like you've tried it. I used a small electronic component (because it was just the right size) to hold the bottom hoop open. I didn't use any stabilizer, just hooped the quilt sandwich as is. And I taped the bottom hoop to my work table to hold it in place while I pressed the top hoop inside to secure the quilt. That was the easiest way for me to do it. It did get better with practice.

Jim's Gem 05-28-2010 08:50 AM

Looks great!!!!

Candace 05-28-2010 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by bstanbro

Originally Posted by Candace

It sounds like you've tried it. I used a small electronic component (because it was just the right size) to hold the bottom hoop open. I didn't use any stabilizer, just hooped the quilt sandwich as is. And I taped the bottom hoop to my work table to hold it in place while I pressed the top hoop inside to secure the quilt. That was the easiest way for me to do it. It did get better with practice.

I quilt/embroider many of my quilts and have done so for years:>