Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Rogue Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/rogue-robins-t28620.html)

cutebuns 11-15-2009 03:59 PM

That is funny. I stay our of everyone elses way, I hate the crowds, I always have lots of everything to start with.

I can't wait to see the next round. :D

kluedesigns 11-15-2009 04:10 PM

i'm with you, i avoid everyone during cold/flu season. when i hear someone sneeze i cover my nose and mouth and tell DH run away.

omak 11-15-2009 04:24 PM

Wow, Gai!
You absolutely nailed the perfect compliment border for that fantastic center ...
<secret> When I saw that center, I hoped I wouldn't have to work on it, because it was so far beyond my imagination!
and, then I was very grateful that I didn't have to think about it ... but, was VERY curious about what was going to be done.
I didn't know that Miss Klue had to not participate, but man! I am SO glad that Gai wouldn't let it go ... that is just such a terrific border.
I also wanted to say - - scientifically speaking <g> stars don't have points ... so, you made your friendship stars SPARKLE just fine! SALUTE!

gaigai 11-15-2009 07:26 PM

Thank you Omak! I do have to admit to KLue and you, when I saw your center in the beginning, KLue, I was TOTALLY intimidated. I think my first statement was something along the lines of "Holy Crap! Now how the heck do you put flying geese around THAT!'" :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
And I too was going "Whew" that I didn't have to work on it! Talk about intimidating!! :wink: :wink: Which just goes to show you, be careful what you wish for!!!! ROFL.

But, when I found out KLue had dropped out, I just couldn't let it go, because of the great person that she is. And surprisingly, the idea for the border came pretty quickly. I found that holographic-like glittery fabric, but it is REALLY stretchy in all directions, so no matter what I did to stabilize it, it just couldn't be pieced decently, so I had no choice but to (shudder) applique the stars. :roll: :? :lol: And now I have to send it on to one of the best appliquers on the board. (Shaking her head in chagrin!) Can you see the irony dripping all over the place!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh well, I can take comfort in that my border will be the smallest. And the rest of the Rogues are WAY better quilters than I am.

omak 11-15-2009 07:28 PM

See, Gai?
You GOT TO IT! Good job!

gaigai 11-15-2009 07:33 PM

And kwhite, neither mom nor I can stand it if we have less than a dozen rolls of toilet paper in the house. It has to do with my gramma (her mom), who used to have boatloads of extra everything (depression era housewife), but it's kinda become a joke. (Ring, Ring. "Hello?" "Mom, I'm down to only six rolls of Toilet Paper. "OH DEAR. Let me change my clothes, and we'll go to the store IMMEDIATELY!!!" )

:lol: :lol: :P :P :P

But in a true emergency, we stock up on the one thing that you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT run out of: Kitty Litter!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kluedesigns 11-15-2009 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you guys crack me up. i remember when i posted the center some people were concerned but i always looked at like - its a person, people look good wearing anything - country, rock, corp, etc - its all good.

so if you guys remember, i was to be in 2 IRR and it was going to be a reversible quilt. 1 was Cross Country with Friends and the other was Around the World with Friends.

now i have the Around the World with Friends and i'm working on the other center which is now being called Stay-cation.

here's the first border i'm working on - i still haven't sewn it on - its flying geese and NYBs.

i hope you don't mind that i posted this pic.

gaigai 11-15-2009 08:11 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!

That will show me!!

And it's beautiful of course!!!

kluedesigns 11-15-2009 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
ROFLMAO!!!!

That will show me!!

And it's beautiful of course!!!

me too!!

see, people can wear anything - its all good.

chewboo 11-15-2009 09:23 PM

i was really sad when klue dropped out as i was looking forward to working on her center glad you took one of them on