Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Rotary Safety (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/rotary-safety-t274788.html)

Koriana 01-21-2016 06:34 AM

Rotary Safety

2 Attachment(s)
Several years ago, I made a 50th anniversary quilt for my in-laws...my sister-in-law provided pictures printed onto fabric and it was my job to put the quilt together...we live in an area with lots of lakes so I used the idea of Lady of the Lake (without) the larger triangle (that was where the pictures were) to make a scrappy quilt. My husband helped out as well by helping with the rotary cutting...it was the first and so far, the last time. He cut himself. My sister-in-law is a scrapbooker, so she and my husband (ever a ham) re-enacted the event and included a framed picture of the incident along with the quilt. Below is a picture of the finished quilt and the one we refer to as "Rotary Clay". With that, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of safety when cutting with a rotary blade.

ManiacQuilter2 01-21-2016 06:49 AM

I think he needed to go to Rotary 101 class. He seems to have a great sense of humor. Hopefully he still has all his digits, right??? :)

Koriana 01-21-2016 07:14 AM

Yes, all fingers are still attached...twas only a flesh wound.

Diane007 01-21-2016 07:31 AM

what a sense of humour and a very nice gift :)

Grandma Bonnie 01-21-2016 07:31 AM

Wonderful quilt! Looks like a lot of work but a great memory for your in-laws! Glad your husband wasn't hurt any worse than he was!!

Tartan 01-21-2016 07:41 AM

​Great photo quilt and photo!

feline fanatic 01-21-2016 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Koriana (Post 7440459)
Yes, all fingers are still attached...twas only a flesh wound.

LOL, fan of Monty Python are we?

Great quilt and hilarious re-enactment photos.

Jingle 01-21-2016 07:55 AM

Very pretty quilt. I always pay attention to make sure my fingers are out of the way.

tessagin 01-21-2016 08:18 AM

Other week DH decided he was going to cut some denim pants so he could make cover for his meter saw. He thinks a pizza cutter (ours is very sharp) is big and needed for a big job. He gives me his ' I know what I'm doing looks". Not even 2 minutes later we are on our way to the ER. Made him wait until I put protective tarp over my front seats. Told him there is a reason they call it a "pizza cutter" and he can just roll his eyes some other direction. Now I'm squeamish, actually get empathy pains in my tush when I see a needle about to be used but not this time, well maybe a little. But 3 sticks with novocaine and 5 stitches later, we're on our way home. WEnt to the store later and bought a new pizza cutter. Couldn't bare the thought. Showed him I have 2 pair of fileting gloves; my size and his size. he was in a hurry. I also drilled him. Utensils in the kitchen stay in the kitchen. I finished cutting his denim after washing it of course. I like the fileting gloves which can also be used to open oysters.

JuneBillie 01-21-2016 08:27 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. Glad your husband is ok, and has a great sense of humor.