Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-2012-2013-pictures-t196452.html)

Dragonfly Nana 08-02-2012 11:08 AM

Karen, even with the colors being off your center is gorgeous!
Ooohh how the ideas are spinning now. It will really be a treat to see how they change by the time the get to each of us.

jillnjo 08-02-2012 12:00 PM

Beautiful!! I love the deep blue fabric and how the red is set off so well! Have a great time camping! I hope you are having great weather-like sunny days and cool nights.

Judith1005 08-02-2012 12:35 PM

Hi everybody, I needed to tweak my block today. Then of course, It rained and I lost the sunlight. I will be posting it tomorrow for you. Can we mail early? Or do we need to wait for the deadline. Either way, I will be ready to mail by next week. I work on the weekends. You ladies have out done yourselves. I can't wait till it's my turn to work on yours.:)

sewhappy30 08-02-2012 01:25 PM

yayaquilts--Beautiful center. I can only image what will be added to it by the time it gets to me. Can't wait.
Judith1005--Can't wait to see yours, you and tam...moo are making us sweat. lol

So far all 4 that has posted has lots of blue in them. What a coincidence. Great minds think alike. LOL Can't wait to see the other 2.

As for mailing - as long as the picture has been posted here I say go for it.

lollygagging 08-02-2012 01:31 PM

You've peaked my curiosity! Can't wait to see the finished projects! Thanks for the teaser.

yayaquilts 08-02-2012 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5413415)
Beautiful!! I love the deep blue fabric and how the red is set off so well! Have a great time camping! I hope you are having great weather-like sunny days and cool nights.

Thanks for the compliments!!

I love everyone's centers--they are so beautiful!!

Weather has been nice-sunny and warm daytime and cool first night--but we have a lot of smoke and ash in the air because of a big fire not too close, but close enough so the smell and ash is no fun-plus the smoke is ruining the normally beautiful blue and the view of Mt Lassen is covered by smoke!!

PattinWisconsin 08-02-2012 06:40 PM

Well, this is a first for me. I've never done a RR. These are great so far. I too hope we will see the ongoing progress of these quilts.

jillnjo 08-03-2012 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5411794)
Gena, I love your color choices! Hint for the other RR ladies - I the white spotted material in my stash.

Here is my center.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353017[/ATTACH]

Been looking at your lovely center!! Tell us about how you made it-is it PP? I bet you took an idea and enlarged it! How is the circle set in the square? I'm curious!

jillnjo 08-03-2012 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by PattinWisconsin (Post 5414181)
Well, this is a first for me. I've never done a RR. These are great so far. I too hope we will see the ongoing progress of these quilts.

Patti; This is a first for me, too! The "unknown" is so exciting to me. I wonder about my ability to choose the right thing for a round, it's going to be a challenge. I have a couple books that teach about borders and I keep looking at quilts that are made with centers and several borders!

debcavan 08-03-2012 04:45 AM

This has just been the most fun to view this thread. The centers are so wonderful. The colors so pretty and such great designs used.