Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   row quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/row-quilt-t11520.html)

k3n 03-31-2009 10:36 AM

I LOVE it - the row layout is fabulous. It also appears to be quite heavily quilted (?) and this is a look I really like!

K x

Debbie1 03-31-2009 05:35 PM

That's a great quilt. Love it! Love the design!

littlehud 03-31-2009 07:09 PM

Love your quilt. And even little pistols can be angels sometimes.

kd124 04-03-2009 10:24 AM

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. I really appreciate them.

Feathers--it's always nice to see a near neighbor on the board.

Shaverg and Sewjoyce--the blocks with the gold all around them is an angel fabric. I drew all the colors from that.

RedGarnet222--Yes, Sam keeps us hopping. He is now 2 1/2 and on the go all the time. I swear I can see the gears working in that little head of his. He is very angelic most of time though-very loving. Yesterday I was wearing a t-shirt with the Grinch on it; Sam looked at it, pointed and said Dada! His dad loved that when I told him! LOL As for the quilt, yes, I love making row quilts. I create my own and rather than do precise math, I just add a bit to a row that doesn't quite have the same length (see the 1st row--right off the bat their is a bit of a block, then the whole blocks, then I ended the row with a bit as well) I will definitly make more in the future.

BlueChicken--Yes, it is like showing a bit of myself each time I show a quilt to others.

MadQuilter--Yes, I think sometimes they do. Not that he is not a good boy, he is---he is just very active and loves to tease--it runs in the family.

K3N--It is quilted in a small meander so it is kind of tight.

Debbie1--thanks

littlehud--yes and he can be so loving.

omak 04-03-2009 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by kd124
I finally got brave enough to show one of my quilts.

Why? The quilt is great. ....and it looks like the angels may have their work cut out for them. :D

Those were my first thoughts!
Nice job on your first row quilt ... better than nice, but I can't say it in ten words or less, so ... Nice job will have to do <g>

Kyiav10 04-03-2009 06:11 PM

Great job! I like it a lot.

Kyia

kd124 04-03-2009 09:01 PM

omak and Kyia-- Thank you very much.

Diane007 07-20-2012 07:17 PM

Row quilts are always nice...
did you make the pattern up?

burchquilts 07-21-2012 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Chele (Post 184516)
That's gorgeous! I'm sure Sam loves it! Please show us more of your pretty quilts.

It IS gorgeous! I love the colors & the layout! I keep seeing all these awesome row quilts & think I may just have to make one. Now, if mine could turn out a teeny bit as beautiful as yours did! Will we be seeing more of your wonderful work? I hope so!

Lilrain 07-21-2012 03:51 AM

I just love making row quilts and you sure did a great job on that one. i know it will be well loved