Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scored Big at Tent Sale today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scored-big-tent-sale-today-t57170.html)

nursie76 07-31-2010 02:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, my Bernina dealer had their Early Bird Tent Sale today. Although I went to check out the sales on material and embroidery designs, I took my DH. He is my enabler. Actually he took me! Started at 7 am and we live an hour away, so he had me up at 5am. Like a little kid at Christmas. (Need to teach him to quilt!) Needless to say, I came home with way more. He took the Janome Gem that I had won during a shop hop (and was going to give to my daughter), and without me knowing, negotiated with the dealer to get me one of the new Bernina 3 series machines, which are designed to be lighter and a "travel machine" for classes and such. I love my 730, but it is very heavy to carry to classes and I am always afraid I will bang it and break something. This B 330 is a nice little machine with 40 stitches, up/down needle, button holes, just perfect for classes. He then informed me that I could give DD my little Brother CS4000..."because it will give her more options if she really gets into sewing." Tried to resist, but he wouldn't have it, but that I would get it...and after all I am only human 8-) What a sweetheart! Gotta love the man!

Also got some beautiful batiks and other fabric for $3.99 a yard and 2 flat fold materials at $2 a yard. All quilt shop quality fabric.

Got some other things, but will put pics up later.

Thanks for sharing my joy!

Meet Eva
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26366[/ATTACH]

Fabrics colors really have more blue hues in most of them
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26368[/ATTACH]

2 on right are the $2 yard flat folds.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26369[/ATTACH]

dkabasketlady 07-31-2010 02:10 PM

Gorgeous machine and beautiful fabrics!! Lucky you!

mygirl66 07-31-2010 02:10 PM

Nice haul! What a great hubby you have for doing that with you!

nursie76 07-31-2010 02:20 PM

Thanks. DH is definitely a sweetie. He says now I should be set with all the equipment I need for sewing for a long while....until we save up enough for a long arm... :-)

Kooklabell 07-31-2010 02:36 PM

Welcome home Eva! Sounds like you found a wonderful home with loving "parents" :)

I hope you have many, ,many hours of happy sewing with Eva.

Patricia

Vanuatu Jill 07-31-2010 02:42 PM

Wow! Lucky you! Does your DH have a brother????? My DH lets me do my thing, but doesn't really have any interest in my obsession with everything quilting.

Chele 07-31-2010 03:26 PM

Yay for you! Your DH is such a keeper! Have fun with your new machine. It sure is pretty. I bet it sews like a dream.

dyer804 07-31-2010 04:02 PM

Aren't you the lucky one! Congratulations!

Ditter43 07-31-2010 04:05 PM

What a sweet guy! Let us know how you like the machine! :D

charmpacksplus 07-31-2010 04:08 PM

You are one lucky girl in more ways than one!