Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrap quilt for friend dying of cancer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrap-quilt-friend-dying-cancer-t121684.html)

sewer 55 05-09-2011 03:51 PM

I have a very good friend with stage four ovarian cancer; she has been going through some pretty bad things, such as two brain surgeries in less that a month.
She is a cat lover and so when I found flannel that had cats on it, I had to have it. I made a good size lap quilt with a white flannel with a red toule design for the back. The cats were gray with red ribbon around their necks. Red in my friend's favorite color.
2 Doods, can you tell me what kind of quilt you made for your friend? I don't understand what you mean by a "ribbon quilt"

By the way, the Passage Quilt is a lovely idea and your group gets my thanks for making them. Keep up the very good and nice work. What a great bunch of ladies to put in their time to do this.

Mariposa 05-09-2011 03:51 PM

Bless you for doing these "Passage" quilts. Had not heard of them. You will brighten many days with your thoughtfulness!

anothernancy 05-09-2011 04:11 PM

What a beautiful quilt and so thoughtful!

cuppi duke 05-09-2011 04:11 PM

That is a lovely quilt and what a wonderful thought. When my husband passed away I didn't know that he would be taken out in a body bag and it was a terrible shock to see that. Your group is doing a kind thing for the families.

RobertaMarie 05-09-2011 04:30 PM

Lovely quilt, lovely, loving gesture. Thank you for sharing this, as others my take the idea and run with it. You are a beautiful, thoughtful soul to do this. Bless you, and all who work with you...

wvdek 05-09-2011 04:37 PM

What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors and all.
I love the idea of a Passage quilt. What a great way to honor someone.

CircleSquare 05-09-2011 06:13 PM

Hmmm, I have a friend (well, a little more than an aquaintance, but not a close friend) who has cancer. Now I'm thinking of making one for her. . . thanks for the wonderful idea! I know her husband would appreciate it. How do you present these?

Mornigstar 05-09-2011 06:25 PM

Oh how surprising. Phoning condolences to a friend today and she told me that she saw her brother taken from the nursing home . Said she thought of me because body was covered with a pretty quilt to give dignity not bl bag.
Knew the undertaker for many yrs but was trying to distract her sister at same time. Was north of Toronto , ON

(My husband was taken from house in body bag and very upsetting)
Will tell friend "Passage Quilt" She'll like that.
Coincidence or what !!! Beautiful string quilt.

Karen K. 05-09-2011 06:35 PM

What a super thoughtful idea. I hope the Covers are then passed on to a family member tho help them in the grieving process. I hope you gals receive many blessings from creating these.

Shemomof4 05-09-2011 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very sorry to hear about your friend! What a great way to show your care and concern! :thumbup: