Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrap Quilt - I named "Wisdom Gleaned" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrap-quilt-i-named-%22wisdom-gleaned%22-t81391.html)

JenniePenny 12-08-2010 03:48 AM

4 Attachment(s)
In this scrap quilt, I see my life:
sometimes hectic, sometimes calming.

I see the areas of intense darkness, and the areas of pure lightness. There are the areas that are somewhat plain and boring, some represent clashing and controversy , and there are a few surprises thrown in. But as a whole, it's all there for a reason and makes me who I am today.

I dedicate this quilt to all of you here on this Quilting Board. It is Wisdom Gleaned not only from my life, but all of your wonderful words of wisdom throughout the past year. Good lessons include using the same ruler for the entire project, and how to sew long rows of HST's together while keeping them straight.

Pattern can be found in the book 101 Fabulous Rotary Cut Quilts by Judy Hopkins and Nancy Martin. In the book, it is called "Scrap Angles."

Interesting: There are 1872 triangles in the quilt. The digits of my birthday can be found in those numbers: 728.

Not so good pictue of whole top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139721[/ATTACH]

dark section
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139722[/ATTACH]

Light section - just as varied as the dark section
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139723[/ATTACH]

kajaza 12-08-2010 03:54 AM

Great job! It looks very cool!!

Ms. Shawn 12-08-2010 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
In this scrap quilt, I see my life:
sometimes hectic, sometimes calming.

I see the areas of intense darkness, and the areas of pure lightness. There are the areas that are somewhat plain and boring, some represent clashing and controversy , and there are a few surprises thrown in. But as a whole, it's all there for a reason and makes me who I am today.

I dedicate this quilt to all of you here on this Quilting Board. It is Wisdom Gleaned not only from my life, but all of your wonderful words of wisdom throughout the past year. Good lessons include using the same ruler for the entire project, and how to sew long rows of HST's together while keeping them straight.

Pattern can be found in the book 101 Fabulous Rotary Cut Quilts by Judy Hopkins and Nancy Martin. In the book, it is called "Scrap Angles."

Interesting: There are 1872 triangles in the quilt. The digits of my birthday can be found in those numbers: 728.

WOW!!! Very Beautiful! :thumbup:

Rainy Day 12-08-2010 03:58 AM

A wise and mature piece. Stunning

JenniePenny 12-08-2010 04:00 AM

Special thanks to the following board members for trading some scraps with me along the way:
Valerie Scherr
Jo M
aorlflood
jrhboxers
Mary Quite Contrary

Quilters are the best!

mirabelle 12-08-2010 04:01 AM

Wow what profound words you speak. I love your quilt and I have that book so I may have to have a closer look at it

bjchad 12-08-2010 04:04 AM

This is fabulous and beautiful. Very neat.

leatheflea 12-08-2010 04:09 AM

Wow that is gorgeous!

trueimage 12-08-2010 04:17 AM

I like the holographic effect! (is that the right word?) Beautiful!

azwendyg 12-08-2010 04:20 AM

What a beautiful quilt! I love your use of colors in this one and wouldn't have guessed it was "scrappy". You have a real eye for color value and how to show it off!!!