Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   scrappy bargello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-bargello-t42225.html)

reneebobby 04-10-2010 12:02 PM

Very cool

mayday 04-11-2010 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
scrappy bargello done the quiltville way

this is the most wonderful squared quilt that I have EVER seen, so very different and vibrant than the regular squares fitted in a row --------I am a complete novice but this is my opinion.
do more and show us when done.

just_the_scraps_m'am 04-11-2010 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by mayday

scrappy bargello done the quiltville way

this is the most wonderful squared quilt that I have EVER seen, so very different and vibrant than the regular squares fitted in a row --------I am a complete novice but this is my opinion.
do more and show us when done.

hmmm, thanks for the interest, but they ARE just regular squares in a row---!!!! it's FUN!

n2scraplvr 04-11-2010 09:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here's my bargello done the quiltville way: love yours too! :thumbup:

bargello#1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53300[/ATTACH]

bargello #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53336[/ATTACH]

just_the_scraps_m'am 04-11-2010 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

wow i love it ; you used 5 in a set, what size squares did you cut, they look large!

n2scraplvr 04-11-2010 10:04 AM

wow i love it ; you used 5 in a set, what size squares did you cut, they look large!

Yes, they do look huge from here! haha. I had to go measure. Can't believe it but they finish at 2" so I started with 2.5" squares. Bargello #3 is not done but you won't believe it but I did the first strip set at 141 rows!! haha. Now I only have 6-7 more sets to do. lol. Aren't they fun to do? I always can't wait to see how they look after unpinning one or two. haha.

Evelynquilts 04-11-2010 10:25 AM

fantastic.... :D

just_the_scraps_m'am 04-11-2010 10:30 AM

Yes, they do look huge from here! haha. I had to go measure. Can't believe it but they finish at 2" so I started with 2.5" squares. Bargello #3 is not done but you won't believe it but I did the first strip set at 141 rows!! haha. Now I only have 6-7 more sets to do. lol. Aren't they fun to do? I always can't wait to see how they look after unpinning one or two. haha.

they ARE fun, but when i'm close to the end, i am so relieved! if i did one w/ that many strip sets i know i would have to put it away more than once before it was finished! more power to ya!

n2scraplvr 04-11-2010 11:14 AM

they ARE fun, but when i'm close to the end, i am so relieved! if i did one w/ that many strip sets i know i would have to put it away more than once before it was finished! more power to ya!

Yea, that's why it's in the furthest position on the back burner!! lol. It'll get done eventually. In no rush. I'll love it when done though!
:D :D

bbeyes 04-11-2010 04:16 PM

That turned out really beautiful. Was it hard to do?
Betty