Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Charity Quilts for NJ and mini tut (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-charity-quilts-nj-mini-tut-t211988.html)

wolph33 01-27-2013 11:30 AM

that looks awesome,thanks for the description on how to do it

JJean 01-27-2013 11:30 AM

Wonderful quilts! That is a super pattern for scrappy! Thanks for the tut!

n2scraplvr 01-27-2013 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 5817188)
Question on one of the blocks---second row from bottom third one from right...kind of goldy/orangy.......the center fourpatch does not look the same as the others.....colors are not opposite, or am I really going bonkers!!!!!!! Like the look of the scrappy.....and the two color is cool too......love how color makes the

You are so right! Sometimes we don't see our errors until pic time! Not only is that block not right but the dark green one in the far left-hand corner did the very same thing! And the 3rd block done that way is exactly 4 rows up! lol. The quilters rotated their skinny strips correctly but inadvertantly moved their 4P in the center! That 4P should always be in opposite position of the strips! Most of us missed those mistakes!! Thanks for pointing them out!!

BrendaK, that block was a beautiful red/yellow sunflower fabric that you like!

If you notice in that same quilt the darkest block there is a purple with purple and there was NO contrast in that block so I sent her duplicate block back (since one of those was all you needed) as well as some other blocks I didn't use. You absolutely need 'contrasting' fabrics in this quilt.

Here's a tip: When trimming your blocks for this quilt, lay them in one of three piles of dark, med. or light. That way you don't have to sort them after trimming; they'll be already done! Then when you go to lay them out, start by picking up the dark pile first and lay them in an alternating fashion. Next take the med. blocks and lay them in the empty spaces next to the darks. For the palest blocks last, work them into your quilt next to the darkest block wherever you can so they show up well! Sometimes it's nice to have a few out of order to give it a random look. Hope this tip helps you in laying out your blocks!

Also, since only 4 of the 6 blocks in the row are seen on top of the bed and the other 2 are on the sides, I like to focus my best blocks there. :o

n2scraplvr 01-27-2013 12:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Your welcome everyone~! Don't forget -- DO NOT MOVE THE LITTLE 4P IN THE CENTER WHEN YOU MOVE THE SKINNY STRIPS IF YOU MAKE THIS QUILT!

Also, I found a few pics for you so you can see how that deep purple block mixed with another purple shows little contrast. Also, the lily pad dark green fab is so interesting in the 2nd pic. I just loved all the fabs in these quilts! Hope yours turns out just as great!

sewdamncute 01-27-2013 05:21 PM

Very nice...thank you for sharing the directions!

siss 01-27-2013 06:34 PM

oma66 love this quilt done in two colors. could you tell me what size this is and how much fabric of each color is needed. i am VERY NEW to quilting.
the other quilts are lovely too. thanks for the tute.

hensandhollyhocks 01-27-2013 06:36 PM

Nice colorful quilts!

solstice3 01-27-2013 07:09 PM

Bright and cheery

dilyn 01-28-2013 02:45 AM

I'm going to try this one out soon! Thanks!

orangeroom 01-28-2013 03:02 AM

What a nice scrappy quilt! Adding this to my list. Nice butted seams!