Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   scrappy reversible quilt to young lady with health issues (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-reversible-quilt-young-lady-health-issues-t196952.html)

rebeljane 08-08-2012 02:03 AM

That is a gorgeous quilt, I am sure the young lady will just love it. You & your grand-daughters did a wonderful thing.

burchquilts 08-08-2012 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 5425173)
Very nice quilt. I'm sure having something like this to hold onto will help her know she isn't alone! Your granddaughters are learning a valuable lesson too. Good Grandma to teach them how to care for people in a special way!

Both points are so very true. You & your DGDs are angels here on earth to do something so nice! And the quilt is beautiful! I'm sure it will bring much comfort to this young lady! I'll keep her in my thoughts & heart!

dunster 08-08-2012 09:03 AM

Lovely quilt, and lovely GD's you must have to do this.

sniktasemaj 08-09-2012 04:25 AM

What a nice idea! I have a grandson who has seizures etc. and it is very distressing.

jitkaau 08-09-2012 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by patski (Post 5424398)
beautiful quilt, has she been checked for food allergies? My daughter was 20 before we found out she was allergic to lettuce/celery/bananas and cherries! Thought she just dodged the dishes everyday.. Found out the salad was giving her horrible migranes and dizziness

My thoughts exactly. I used to be very ill like this and doctors tested for brain tumors etc. I kept a food diary to see if it was an allergy/intolerance. I no longer get sick unless I inadvertently eat apples or anything containing apples. It is worth a try to check that out.

jamsbuying 08-09-2012 05:26 AM

Great quilt and what a sweet thing to do! I'm sure she will always treasure the quilt.

carolynjo 08-09-2012 05:26 AM

Should they find out what is causing her problems, please let us know. I like the quilt you "girls" did for her.

coopah 08-09-2012 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by grammatjr (Post 5424428)
Thanks, she sure can use it. The whole family has health issues, but all have the most sweet spirits!

They DO need to get their house checked if they all have health issues. Also, it could be a familial thing that is passed on through generations. A friend in the Pacific Northwest was tested (one blood test) by a naturopath and found that she had allergies to ALL dairy, asparagus, wheat, cane sugar...so it would be worth checking to see if the doctor would pursue that angle. Blessings to you and your grands for caring and helping and blessings to this family.

bibi 08-09-2012 06:06 AM

Lovely quilt from lovely people.

aeble 08-09-2012 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by jitkaau (Post 5428248)
My thoughts exactly. I used to be very ill like this and doctors tested for brain tumors etc. I kept a food diary to see if it was an allergy/intolerance. I no longer get sick unless I inadvertently eat apples or anything containing apples. It is worth a try to check that out.

I spent most of a year and a half in my bedroom with migraines until we realized that I'm intolerant to caffeine. I'm hoping she can figure out what her trigger is soon. It's terrible missing out on life.