Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy signature quilt and another quick one (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-signature-quilt-another-quick-one-t44383.html)

roseOfsharon 05-01-2010 07:24 PM

Oh I like them both! I think the signature quilt is cool looking!

theresse 05-01-2010 08:23 PM

cleaver you, it's great the thing you can do with a little imagenation. Fantastic work.

STEMSAM 05-01-2010 08:27 PM

Beautiful!

som 05-01-2010 10:05 PM

this is a really cool site i found try it and see if you like it [email protected]

som

Eddie 05-01-2010 10:12 PM

Beautiful, C! Love them!

Nancy in Louisiana 05-02-2010 06:52 AM

The signature quilt could be modified a little to use in place of a guestbook at a wedding reception or shower, or baby shower. My daughter recently sent me a link to an idea for wedding guests instead of a book -- it was a big print of a leafless tree. The guests use a stamppad and make a thumbprint where a leaf should be and sign it. The idea is that the couple then has "wall art" as a souvenir. I think a signature quilt would be a better memory - especially if it contained a picture of the newlyweds with the date, etc. Where did you get the labels (quilt shop where you work?) and how many are on a panel? None of the LQS's here (all two of them) seem to be able to get the label fabric in stock, and if they do it's usually just ugly and plain (and sold out before I get there).

Feathers 05-02-2010 06:53 AM

Great quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Bevanger 05-02-2010 07:21 AM

great quilts.

Minnesewta-sam 05-02-2010 07:52 AM

what a great graduation or anniversay quilt idea. thanks for sharing.

charismah 05-02-2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
The signature quilt could be modified a little to use in place of a guestbook at a wedding reception or shower, or baby shower. My daughter recently sent me a link to an idea for wedding guests instead of a book -- it was a big print of a leafless tree. The guests use a stamppad and make a thumbprint where a leaf should be and sign it. The idea is that the couple then has "wall art" as a souvenir. I think a signature quilt would be a better memory - especially if it contained a picture of the newlyweds with the date, etc. Where did you get the labels (quilt shop where you work?) and how many are on a panel? None of the LQS's here (all two of them) seem to be able to get the label fabric in stock, and if they do it's usually just ugly and plain (and sold out before I get there).

Hi NancyinLouisiana,

THanks! I got the label panel at my LQS ( yes..where I work) We have a ton of different ones..I keep telling her not to buy so many panels...people may buy one panel because it will last them years because who generates 25-50 quilts a year? So we have lots of different styles.....puppies & kitties...victorian (floral)...country ( like what I used) ..christmas and many more...teh panles have varying amounts of labels depending...I actually didn't use all of the ones in this particular panel....I cut some out...but anyw where from 25 to 50 I would say.