Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   scraps--the good news, more good news, the bad news, the good news and a ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scraps-good-news-more-good-news-bad-news-good-news-t3749.html)

Shari1967 12-29-2007 08:00 PM

:shock: I have an extremely small stash (2 plastic containers). I really try my best not to buy unless I'm going to use it. It also helps that we're military and we move every 2-3 years on average and while they move us for "free" if we go over our weight allowance it does cost us.
I showed my hubby these pictures - now what I do have doesn't seem so bad LOL

Good luck in your 2008 goals!

Butterflyspain 05-08-2008 11:43 AM

That stash is just awsome. I swear to you I can walk into a shop here in Spain and they donīt have that many fabrics and my friend Izy will back me up on that one.

If I was that lucky to have that many fabrics I would store them in plastic boxes colour co-ordinated............IF I had that much patience to sort them :lol:

Good luck with that one tell us when you come up for air ... Elle

Harmony 05-08-2008 12:33 PM

I have been similarly inspired. So last weekend I made the requisite trip to Wallly World. I've only been quilting for a little over a year, so the damage isn't too bad yet. I have a small bin for fat quarters (I know you don't use them, but I snap them up when JoAnn's has them for 99 cents). I have another small bin for brights. Then I got a couple of big tubs for lights and for darks. Right now my quilting is situated in my dining room, so I have to keed the "stuff" factor down.

Janeen 05-08-2008 12:58 PM

I made my hubby come look at these pictures of 'stashes'... told him, "see, I'm not the only one"! :mrgreen:

Izy 05-08-2008 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
Wow!!! I'm thinkin I could rummage through that stash, scraps and all for hours and hours and be in fabric heaven!!! Have tons 'o fun ladies!! I can't wait to have a stash (and a room for it) like that of my own!!

Ohhh Karla, just like Lisa when I saw all those scraps....I just want to come and play...if I lived closer I would GLADLY come and sort it all out for you....why do you have to be sooooo far away :cry:

Izy 05-08-2008 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
That stash is just awsome. I swear to you I can walk into a shop here in Spain and they donīt have that many fabrics and my friend Izy will back me up on that one.

If I was that lucky to have that many fabrics I would store them in plastic boxes colour co-ordinated............IF I had that much patience to sort them :lol:

Good luck with that one tell us when you come up for air ... Elle

Elle doesn't it just turn you GREEEEEEEEENNNN with envy....it is sooo unfair :cry: boo hooooooo!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth A. 05-08-2008 01:09 PM

Oh my! I have one tub for scraps and since my current projects want squares I have a huge box split up into 6 different colors. But that's all stuff I'm working with in the here and now, maybe you should ask Patrice? I just love her sewing room photos.

Barbm 05-08-2008 01:11 PM

I'm in awe!! I love your stash! Makes me want to feel them with my fingers. I try to organize mine by color, but I keep having to reorganize because I don't know what it's like to go to the quilt shop and not buy more. This week alone I was sooo bad. Had to wait at work for some info so I "shopped" on Ebay and then a work trip took me past a favorite shop and it called my name and $70 later, I'm in love with more fabric.

Nice to know I'm not alone in this "hoarding" of fabric. I'm surprised we haven't created a shortage. :)

Barb

tlrnhi 05-08-2008 01:12 PM

Ok, here you go.
Let me warn you...it's a mess. I was looking for something and now have to put this room back together.

tlrnhi 05-08-2008 01:19 PM

ok, I have tried 3 times now to attach pictures. It won't let me.
I will give it a few minutes and try again.