Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

montanaquilter 02-17-2010 12:52 PM

the holidays and special occasions are required of the angels. i know that sometimes the weeks slip by quickly sometimes but EVERYONE should be or should have gotten something for valentines. Maybe the packages are just late-i know that i sent mine late. if the angels are going to participate then they should be dropped and those ladies should be given NEW angels!! It's just not fair when you are sending packages and you never get anything in return. I'd take it up with Kwhite, maybe she has something from those angels, angelees that haven't sent packages.

pinkypig 02-17-2010 01:04 PM

thanks for the info..did not realize that holidays and special occasions were required. I did send for valentines and my Angelee has posted a thank you, working on St Patty's Day. If my Angel sent a gift it has not arrived as of yet if not it's ok cause sometime ya just can't do every occasion that's IMHO.

Sugarpumpkin 02-17-2010 01:14 PM

It's actually my understanding that NOTHING is REQUIRED. Holidays and Special Occasions are NOT mandatory. You send when you can.
There are no rules to this.

I dont mean to be rude but some of you are starting to sound like a bunch of whiny spoiled brats. Complaining that you didn't get anything for Valentines day is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

You're sounding really selfish and the point of this swap isn't about what you RECEIVE...but about what you GIVE...
It's just a perk that you happen to receive things! It's all about showing someone else that they are thought about and that you are thinking of them.

Some people have financial troubles. Others have family issues they are dealing with. You never know what your angel is dealing with so cut her some slack. It's only February!

Again..nothing is mandatory! It was just a suggestion that those would be the times you send things.

Thats just my two cents...

pinkypig 02-17-2010 01:37 PM

i didn't think anything was REQUIRED just commeted on the other post. I certainly am not complaining about not getting a gift for valentines. Like you, I believe it is the giving that counts the most, that's why I joined this swap, to have someone say I made their day well that makes my day. that's my 2 cents...

lfw045 02-17-2010 02:10 PM

I have said before that I believe it is more blessed to give than it is to receive. If my Angel is having problems I hope that they are resolved for her soon. If she doesn't send me anything that is not a problem.

I was only answering the question that was asked. No need for name calling Sugarpumpkin. The only thing that is going to accomplish is turning things ugly.

I have decided that I will only check here when I have sent a package to my Angelee, that way I won't be tempted into engaging in these types of conversations and ruin what is supposed to be a wonderful experience for all of us.

Everyone is getting beautiful gifts and I am so happy for them, it is great!

Love you all!

Gramakitten 02-17-2010 02:20 PM

Ladies this is suppose to be fun. It;s not fun if everyone doesn;t play by the same rules. I have shared many times that I have a wonderful angel. I also feel that I am a good angelee. PLEASE check with K. White if you are having a problem. Either way, can;t send or haven;t received.

I also think that some of the givers have been VERY generous. Including my Angel.

She has sent just little things too, just to know that she is thinking of me. I love that. I too, try to send something to my Angel every couple of weeks. Even if only a postcard. Just my 2 cents worth.

I love this swap, have never been in one that has the love involved that I feel here. Grammakitten; Kathi

Catlady 02-17-2010 02:49 PM

I agree with Gramakitten. I joined this cause it sounded
like a lot of fun. It doesn't matter whether I receive
a lot or a little. My angel has sent me several things
and I loved them all, especially just knowing someone is
thinking of me, that makes me feel really good. I sent
what I can, when I can and my angelee responds quickly.
So I just think I'm one of the lucky ones.

sewnsewer2 02-17-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by dojo36

Originally Posted by MNQuilter
I keep looking for my Angelee to post that she got her package. I mailed over a week ago. :0( No wonder they call it Snail Mail! And I know she would post right away becausee I see her on here on a regular basis! I sure hope she gets it tomorrow. Sorry Angelee, I really hoped you would get it in time for Valentines!

i mailed my angelee a nice package 16 days ago and haven't seen a post for it yet.

If it was for me, I did not get it.

Sugarpumpkin 02-17-2010 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
I have said before that I believe it is more blessed to give than it is to receive. If my Angel is having problems I hope that they are resolved for her soon. If she doesn't send me anything that is not a problem.

I was only answering the question that was asked. No need for name calling Sugarpumpkin. The only thing that is going to accomplish is turning things ugly.

I have decided that I will only check here when I have sent a package to my Angelee, that way I won't be tempted into engaging in these types of conversations and ruin what is supposed to be a wonderful experience for all of us.

Everyone is getting beautiful gifts and I am so happy for them, it is great!

Love you all!

lfw045, I am not name calling anyone. I am simply refering to comments people have made and how they sound. And I was not refering to you directly.

It appears to be the same people complaining each month, and it has only been 1.5 months.

Many people have made the comments I have about angels possibly having problems, but that doesn't stop them from complaining.
Many people have refered these people to K.White...and yet...I doubt they have mentioned anything to her.

This is about fun, but when people start complaining about not getting anything it really brings the fun level down, and personally, for me, takes the fun out of things, because as I said before, its not supposed to be about what you get.

Im sure there are other people out there that share my sentiments but don't want to say anything.

I just couldn't take it anymore, so I had to speak up.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just wanted to point some things out.

dojo36 02-17-2010 03:11 PM

If it was for me, I did not get it.

sewnsewer, no it was not for you :cry: